STEP FNIS Help

Digitalnamshub

Question

The STEP detailed instructions for FNIS has a notice at the bottom that says:

Notice:Wrye Bash Users: After installing the mod, the exacutables ("GenerateFNISforUsers.exe" & "hkxcmd.exe") will not have been installed. Either copy them over manually to the relative path corresponding to the installer package or simply manually copy the "Data" directory within the package into skyrim/ and overwrite all files. This ensures that Wrye Bash can manage the installation of all conflicting meshes.

I assume that the second option is not prefered as one of the major selling points of MO is keeping the vanilla Skyrim clean with virtual mods. That said, what is the "relative path"? Assuming the installer package is in steam/mod organizer/FNIS after MO installtion, those two executables are all ready there. I think I am misunderstanding the terms "relative path" and "installer package".

Thank in advance for clearing this up.

3 answers to this question

Ah thanks. I just assumed since I had used Wrye Bash three steps earlier to make the bash patch, that qualified me to take notice. Much appreciated.

Perhaps the notice should be worded something like:

"People using Wrye Bash to manage their mods will need to X."

As Digital just experienced, users is a little ambiguous.