Bug-Fixing Dark Statue of Talos in Windhelm Temple

All I can say from that is that 

A: you are using some sort of alternative lighting mod.

B: some sort of post processing alterations 

C: probably some alternative textures/meshes 

So if you hope people can help then please post those. Probably someone out there who have seen this before. 

On the topic.. does it happen all the time, during only the day or night... does it go away if you go to a different angle or after a small period of time? 

My initital hunch would be some mesh issues since it is all black and it should at the very least have ambient color on it. However depending on your post processing settings this could be the reason.. so just need more info. 

After reinstalling Stunning Statues of Skyrim, I know that that is not the issue (And this is the only instance in which this has occurred to a Talos statue thus far.

I have followed the SR:LE guide and, as such, I do use an ENB: Vividian 7.0 beta (although the previous version also had the dark statue issue) along with the ENB Terrain Parallax Fix, Enhanced Lighting For ENB, Enhanced Lights and FX, Relighting Skyrim and Project Parallax Remastered

As far as I can tell those are the ones that are the potential contributors.

I am now reinstalling them to see if I can narrow it down.

Does it show properly if you wield a torch ? 

One of the first things I tried. The effect is similar to what you see with the candles there. It's like the statue has been carved out of tar :P

It's quite a cool effect, actually, but I get the feeling that it's not intended.

Edited by hazelwolf

hmmm I would still learn towards it being the mesh that is bad, however if the same statue in other locations do not have the issue, that idea does not really stick. 

I would try to disable any textures and meshes that affect statues and see if that fixes it next though. 

The path for the statue meshes are 

...\meshes\clutter\statues

And the name of the texture is statuetalos01.dds 

After hiding both the mesh and texture from all the mods that alter it, still nothing. And it appears to only affect the Talos statue in the Windhelm Temple.

Very weird. To be honest I've never actually visited that part of Windhelm before on previous playthoughs and if it wasn't for the aspects where it just doesn't look right I'd have actually thought it was intentional.

Problem found! Hide meshes/architecture/windhelm/WHstatueTalos02.nif from Project Parallax Remastered... it appears to be bugged.

Added install fix to the guide.

Thank you. I will take a look as soon as I've finished tweaking Vividian.