MO Not Connecting to Nexus

User13

Question

Hiya folks.  Actually, it's a bit more than just that.  I haven't played Skyrim in a year or so, and when I tried to go back into it, my characters are all doing this weird, stiff, floating mannequin thing.  I'm told it's FNIS.  In any case, I wanted to update my FNIS, but when I attempt to do so through MO, I'm told it won't connect.  Sometimes I'm told to check my password.  I've verified all the connection info several times and it's all correct.  So I was informed that it may be that I have an older version of MO.  Well, of course I do.  Further reading tells me that there should be an update button which pops up when an update is available.  That hasn't been the case.  I'm using MO version 1.1.1.  Of course, I can just download and install the latest version, but I'm worried all the profiles for my various characters will disappear, along with everything else.

So, can anyone suggest how I might go about upgrading to the latest version of MO?

Part of the rules about posting here stated that I have tell you if I'm following Step completely or only partially.  Honestly?  No idea what Step even is.  I just followed the link here from the Nexus MO page as it seemed a promising way to receive some assistance.

4 answers to this question

Welcome to STEP by the way!

Easiest way to update your 'very old' install is to do this:

1. Grab the 1.2.18 full archive installation file from the MO downloads page
  2. In your current MO install folder delete everything except your 'mods', 'downloads' and 'profiles' folders and the ModOrganizer.ini
  3. Open the MO archive and copy into the now empty MO install folder everything

This will ensure all of your current installation is completely removed, thus avoiding any potential mismatch of support files AND maintaining your mods in the same condition as they currently are.

Keeping the ModOrganizer.ini is done to maintain the settings you have put in place and if you are still experiencing issues you can delete that and generate a fresh one after installation.

Every install of MO maintains your settings in either these folders or that file and anytime you wish to purge your system of it but keep your stuff, just make backups of those.