Back-date BSAs problem

Halde

Question

Hi all!

I've been having a problem with this "Back-date BSAs" workaround in MO. I actually didn't know of it, but I wanted to find the MO extractor tool for BSAs, which I failed to find, but in my attempts I stumbled on to this in the STEP guide to MO. The problem I'm having is, that when I hit the button, I get the following message:

"C:/Steam/SteamApps/common/Skyrim/ModOrganizer/helper.exe

The program couldn't start, because the page by page-configuration is wrong. You can find more information in the eventlog, or by using the commandolinetool sxstrace.exe"

This is translated from Danish, so some of the technical terminology might be a bit off, such as "commandolinetool" and "page by page-configuration". 

I have absolutely no idea was this means. I have no idea where to find this eventlog, nor do I know what sxstrace.exe is. 

Please help!

~Sincerely

Halde

3 answers to this question

Hmm... could you provide versions of both your MO and Windows system?

That message shouldn't appear, as all the helper.exe file does is change the date of the *.bsa files to 1/1/2000.

From the way you describe the message it is coming from Windows and not MO so there must be a conflict with the installed system files on your computer and those expected by the helper.exe. This isn't your fault, just one of those things that happens.