LOOT and MO Sorting Plugins Differently

Tyler799

Question

Hello!

I recently had a bananza of fixing Skyrim stuff. Recently, I have:

1: Moved all Steam (Skyrim included) files, LOOT files, Mod Organizer Files, etc, etc to somewhere other than the Program Files directory

2: Cleaned all the main files with TES5Edit

3: Installed ENBoost for optimizations (I don't use any ENB's)

4: Installed the stable copy of LOOT (0.6, I think?) and ran it to sort my plugins

5: Used Wyre Bash to make bashed patches

I've enjoyed the stability of my game after doing all this. However, I noted an odd issue. When I used LOOT to sort my plugins, MO throws me an error saying that there "may be" an issue with my mod order. If I use MO's sort function, LOOT says that I'm wrong and undoes it.

Which one is right? Why am I having this issue? I followed the STEP guide to install LOOT into MO, so shouldn't it have updated MO's masterlist based on LOOT, thus yeilding the same order?

Thanks!

Edited by Tyler799

5 answers to this question

That's the left pane order notification; it wants to move mods that have scripts around. Now that's different than your plugins which are on the right pane. Others on the forum has suggested to disable that feature in the plugins button. Also i think, depending on the version of MO, the LOOT bundled with it is an older version than the stable version and uses different masterlists i think. so it'll sort it completely different than the latest stable version of loot you downloaded from loots site.

Edited by cds20

@cds20 is correct, the warnings presented by MO are for the left-hand pane, and the message actually says as much) so it has nothing to do with the order of your plugins.

Regarding LOOT and MO's 'Sort'. Best option is to use just one and don't mix them around. If all you want to do is sort your plugins and aren't concerned with making changes to the metadata, use 'Sort'. If you want to have full control over your list and make metadata changes as you see fit, use LOOT. Especially when latter versions are concerned, switching between the two will cause errors in the masterlist.yaml used by these tools.

Thanks. I've been using LOOT so far, so I'll just stick with that for now, even If I don't both with metadata stuff.

Is there somewhere I can post my left-hand-pane load order to get some help in fixing that MO warning?