CTD w/ SMAA Proxy Library Enabled

anomalous

Question

A couple of weeks ago, I updated my Vividian ENB to the most current version. In the process of reviewing all my settings, I noticed a typo in my enblocal.ini. My proxy library was misspelled as ProxyLibrary=d3d9_sma.dll, missing the second "a". My game played fine and all the ENB data would appear on start up, and I could open my ENB panel via SHIFT ENTER with this mistake in the ini. I included the extra "a" and afterwards I got a CTD 100% of the time. I removed the "a" and it started as usual. I can only assume that the game is simply bypassing the .dll. I have had no success in remedying this situation. I selected SMAA in the installation process. The injector.ini, SMAA.fx, and SMAA.h files are listed in the left plane of my ENB manager. Is there anything I can check other than enblocal to fix this?

4 answers to this question

hi, i just checked the install files and the enblocal.ini files delivered with vividian doesnt contain that typo. Everything is fine there so if you checked SMAA in the install procedure a alreadypatched to work enblocal.ini should be installed. It also doesnt look like a vividian enblocal.ini you have there. The vividian one got alot of comments in it. I would recommend a reinstall then without using a enb manager for the start. might be something got mixed up in there.

If you get instant CTD after assigning a new .dll file it is because one of the dependencies of that file is not present where it looks. Most of the SMAA setups have other support files with it rather than just the .dll. Make sure you have all of those as well. 

Thanks for the feedback, got it working. Based on Mangaclub's recommendation (albeit modified), I erased all the Vividian ENB config files in the ENB manager. Then recopied all the files from the ENB Install Files Folder, but this time I included the prepackaged enblocal. And it worked... which is annoying because that likely means that something was wrong in the enblocal that I configured myself and I kept missing it. But again, thank you. For the sake of further knowledge, is there more to the SMAA than the d3d9, the injector, and the two SMAA.* files?