Mod Organizer Not Displaying Mods

RadioactiveSoup

Question

So I returned to play some Skyrim for a while when I noticed something wrong. The major data to Mod Organizer, as well as the very program itself, have mysteriously disappeared. All there was left was the downloads, mods, and webcache folders. After contemplating what could have happened, I went to install a new MO and transport all my mods into that new folder. What I did not realize is that instead of installing a new MO, my computer decided to blend itself with an old MO program I left on a different hard drive. I simply disregarded it and thought it wouldn't really matter. Now as I open it, there are no mods being presented, only the ones actually installed in the Skyrim folder itself. I am absolutely stumped, and I feel like my computer is playing a cruel joke on me. Someone please help.

1 answer to this question

MO should be installed somewhere away from any Windows controlled folders like: Program Files (x86) and placed in its own folder. Something like: C:\Games\Tools\ModOrganizer\ is good as Windows wont be able to impose itself on your actions.

You can safely install this fresh new install with the existing MO installation if you are worried, just be careful to not press OK before checking the paths to the installation.

All your mods, downloads and profiles are in sub-folders under the main installation and these are set in ini files which can be set in the MO UI with the 'Settings' menu.

Move all the downloads and mods from the current install to this new one and you should be fine.

You said the only mods visible are those installed in the Skyrim folder. This is not the way MO should be used. ALL mods must be installed via MO and no other mod installations must exist in the Skyrim Data folder, either from Steam or what you installed manually.

As with all these things the wiki describes how to do this and why. Please read the documentation.