Adding to S.T.E.P Core/Extended

uncleseano

Question

Heya, me again  :P

So I completed the proper full install of the Core and Extended in seperate profiles with seperate mods for each were applicable. I'm wondering now how do I go about adding in new mods that I want (in my new profile of course) and what would the left panel load order be.

Sorry for the Horrible list below, these are mods I wanna add, let me know if any of these have major issues with STEP Extended. Also what is the handiest way of checking for conflicts with TES5 Edit?

P.S I have been taking notes during the install of required patches and pluin load order for the new mods to be installed

Mods I am hoping to install:

A Matter of Time

Animal Tweaks

Apocolypse

ASIS

Bandolier

Book Covers Skyrim

Climates of Tamriel

Cloaks

Combat Evolved

Crafting ReCategorized

Dawn of Skyrim

Deadly Combat

Deadly Dragons

Son't Steal my Crops

Dragon Soul Relinquishment

Dynavision (just for NPC chats)

Elysium Estate

Revenge of the Enemies

Expanded Towns and Cities

Falskarr

fantasy Soundtrack

Frostfall

Grass on Steroids

High Level Enemies

Immersive Armours

Immersive Patrols

Immersive Sounds Compendium (Expecting some mad overlap here)

Immersive Weapons

Inconsquential NPCs

iNeed Food and Water

Jaysus Swords

OBIS

One With Nature

SkyComplete

Skyrim Immerive Creatures

Smart Cast

Sounds of Skyrim

SPERG

Splash of Rain

Stones of Barenziah Droppable

Supreme Storms

Pure Weather (I know I know, this and CoT is mad but WAO seems to fix it)

Timing is Everything

Uniqie Dragon Priest Masks

Unread Books Glow

VioLens

Wearable Lanterns

Winter is Coming

Wintermyst

Wyrmstooth

You Hunger

Easier Lockpicking Without Cheating

Bad News Bears

Realistic Primitive Horse Breeds

Jaxonz Renamer

Immerisve Sleep Wait Menu

Atlas Markers

Relighting Skyrim

Stunning Statues of Skyrim

Bathing in Skyrim

Realistic Room Rental

Skyrim Coin Replacer Redux

Better Fast Travel

My Home is Your Home

Exstensible Follower Framework

Remove unserwater Grass

Minty Lighting

Convientant Bridges

Jesus didnt realise is was so beefy, well what ya think? Anything that stands out? Or whats the best way to check for issues?

EDIT: I'll tick them off the list as I get the all clear

EDIT 2: Bonus Question, where does SKSE and Stable uGrids go in the left panel load order? I have them first and second right before distant decal fix and the unofficial patches and DLC.. that normal?

Edited by uncleseano

7 answers to this question

Based on what I read in a thread by an author that is making some kind of megamod, having Sounds of Skyrim and Audio Overhaul Skyrim causes a lot of sounds to play at once. I don't know if that is unique to his project due to merging mods together, or if you might run into a similar issue. You do seem to have quite a few mods doing very similar things.

Have you looked into any of the other mod guides, like GEMS? Or even the STEP Packs? Plenty of people have looked at a lot of mods and figured out which ones do what best, and which mods conflict with each other.

When I first got Skyrim and looked into mods, GEMS caught my attention, but the first step in that guide is to install STEP, and I kinda got waylaid here hahaha

EDIT 2: Bonus Question, where does SKSE and Stable uGrids go in the left panel load order? I have them first and second right before distant decal fix and the unofficial patches and DLC.. that normal?

Yes. If you follow the STEP guide, they should be in the order you mentioned.

Basically, once it starts listing the mods, from section 2.C. Extenders, everything should be in the order listed in the STEP guide.

Load%20Order_zps00rhhcvj.png

There may be some variance in mine, as I got tricked by the scary MO warning about mod order:

If someone suggested you ignore this message, please give them a proper slapping from me. Do not ignore this warning

Once I realised we are meant to ignore that very clear warning, I had to go back and manually reorder my mods. Luckily I had taken a screenshot of the warning to post a bug report, so I could use that to figure out which mods had been moved. Fairly sure I got them all back to where they should be though.

Ok grand no worries about the SKSE. Would love to get that mod list up there working though...

Regarding SoS and AOS I'm pretty sure there is a patch doing the rounds for them both. The merge you mentioned I believe is to do with WAO (which I have listed above), looks VERY promising and I can't wait to get it installed. I have a metric **** ton of error messages in my papyrus, literally just started a bran new full clean install STEP followed guide to the letter and my papyrus looks worse than before... errors and WARNINGs everywhere.. spam like crazy. I literally walked through Helgen to the first fight and BOOM issues everywhere.

All this crap

arning: Assigning None to a non-object variable named "::temp36"
stack:
    [None].zbloodnpc.OnDying() - "zBloodNPC.psc" Line 355
[02/24/2015 - 12:57:25PM] Error:  (0005CEEF): cannot play a None impact effect.
stack:
    [ (0005CEEF)].Actor.PlayImpactEffect() - "<native>" Line ?
    [None].zbloodnpc.blooddropsDead() - "zBloodNPC.psc" Line 610
    [None].zbloodnpc.OnDying() - "zBloodNPC.psc" Line 401
[02/24/2015 - 12:57:25PM] Error:  (0005CEEF): cannot play a None impact effect.
stack:
    [None].zbloodnpc.blooddropsDead() - "zBloodNPC.psc" Line 613
[02/24/2015 - 12:57:26PM] Error:  (0005CEEF): cannot play a None impact effect.
stack:
    [None].zbloodnpc.blooddropsDead() - "zBloodNPC.psc" Line 613

and this is spammed too

[02/24/2015 - 12:53:02PM] warning: Property DLC1VampireBeastRace on script zbloodnpc attached to Active effect 5 on  (000AAF99) cannot be initialized because the script no longer contains that property
[02/24/2015 - 12:53:02PM] warning: Property DLC1VampireBeastRace on script zbloodnpc attached to Active effect 5 on  (000198BA) cannot be initialized because the script no longer contains that property
[02/24/2015 - 12:53:02PM]

and THIS

[Active effect 2 on  (000654F5)].DualSheathReduxEffect.EquipWeapon() - "DualSheathReduxEffect.psc" Line 374
    [Active effect 2 on  (000654F5)].DualSheathReduxEffect.OnObjectEquipped() - "DualSheathReduxEffect.psc" Line ?
[02/24/2015 - 12:51:23PM] Error: Cannot call GetWeaponType() on a None object, aborting function call

All this **** after fighting two guys and walking for a few seconds?

Are you actually having issues in-game though? I've never even looked at the papyrus log, but I read somewhere that it can throw out a lot of random error messages.

I get the feeling some of those are being caused by Enhanced Blood Textures.

When I walked through the Helgen exterior on my latest start, I kept getting ragdolled whenever the dragon landed near me. It was quite funny actually. I know I SHOULD look into why it's happening, but that seems like hard work, and it was more humorous than game breaking.

Hah! I had that two, prolly from 'Knockdown' from landing in Deadly Dragons.

No issues in game (havent given it a proper run yet though.) A smarter man that me said that 'Warnings' although sounding horrible arent too bad, it's the 'errors' ya gotta me mindful of. Well I chased down most the papyrus errors/warning to just a few mods that I was gonna remove anyway. I really want a tigher load order so I throw in a bunch more heavy hitters (FrostFall etc)

I've got the info on how to seperate the records required from the extended patch so that's my next move. On to another profile! I'll have a look at the STEP packs too

Ok sorted, I'm somewhere in the middle of an Extended/Revisted Set up. All patched up, extended patch cleaned and some mods removed. Several .esps merged (RWT, ETaC etc), all seems to be stable (touch wood) and happy. Script lad is around 40ms (lots of mods) and FPS limited perfectly at 60 (thank you nvidia Inspector)

Pretty happy with it, some amount of mods here all playing nice with each other...