A Probably Stupid LOOT/Meta Rule Question

flyingspatula

Question

Hey, so I just want to make sure I got the wording right for the loot order instructions. For example...

Weapons & Armor_TrueOrcish&DaedricWeapons.esp

Load After:

Weapons & Armor Fixes_Remade.esp

Does this mean load True.esp after Remade.esp or other way around? Since you can read it both ways, I am not sure which way it was intended.

Thanks

6 answers to this question

Thanks good to know for sure now.

Edit- It seems that any time I try to force an esp to load after another, it basically turns my load order into a giant mess and I have no idea why. Here is a before and after of my load order when I try to make an esp load after another.

0WvpgRo.jpg

Edited by flyingspatula

Just a note. Loading it AFTER doesn't mean it has to be IMMEDIATELY after and IIRC LOOT has that rule already in the masterlist.

The masterlist is being constantly updated and the STEP guide may just be in need of a refreshing. It is in the midst of a new update, so perhaps 2.2.9.1 or 2.3.0 will not show that LOOT rule.

Hmm... LOOT still is not loading the WAF plugins properly though, and when I tell ANY plugin to load after ANY other plugin it will completely screw up the load order and refuse to sort it in a way that makes sense. All the mods are scattered around in a nonsensical order just like the image I linked. I basically can't customize any load order without this happening.

Edited by flyingspatula

Is your LOOT getting updated correctly? When you click 'Sort' do you get the message that the masterlist is updated?

Regarding "screwed up load order", you are aware that LOOT has recently changed the way it sorted non-critical mods? ie. if a series of mods are after a mod that they rely on, they not necessarily look like what you are used to but will still work perfectly.

The upshot is the order that is created will need to be checked by xEdit to see if conflicts exist for the LOOT team to deem it a "screwed up" order.

Have you actually checked the order or are you only going on what you 'expected' to see. I've already made an ass of myself by complaining the order was messed up when in fact it works just fine, it just looked odd.

Yup, my masterfile is shown as being up to date. I looked at my load out in xEdit and I don't think it really matters which one is first. They don't really overwrite much of each other, and WAF seems more balanced with the ones that do. Paarthurnax Dilemma and Gildergreen Regrown also seem odd as they completely overwrite RWT and a few other mods with completely blank data fields.

But to my main point, it is still very odd that any time I tell an esp to load after another esp, it scrambles the load order in a way that is unrecognizable from the previous order before editing meta data.

Edited by flyingspatula