aMidianborn Content Addon

TheMerryPloughboy

Question

Hey guys what exactly does this do? I notice it overwrites many of my other aMidianborn files, but I'm not clear from the description exactly what it does:

"Provides support for multiple texture variants, including iron, steel, wolf, elven, glass, ebony, and nordic armor. You DO NOT need this file if you only use Book of Silence as a texture replacement, and you do not want to have the different texture variations."

Does it do something akin to automatic variants but with armors?

11 answers to this question

Cabal created alternate textures for many of the armors.  If you go to the individual mod pages for his armor textures you can often see this more easily in the provided images.  For example, he made both a golden-colored Elven armor (like vanilla) and a dark Thalmor-style Elven armor.  He created three different glass retextures, three Ebony textures, two Wolf armor texures, etc.

Generally when you install Book of Silence (or any of the individual textures) you select a single texture to use as a replacement for the vanilla texture.  The Content Addon, however, will allow the many different texture variations to exist in the game at once.  So with the Content Addon, you don't need to choose between the gold Elven or the black Elven texture, both will appear in the game (gold is used for the regular Elven armor, while the dark is worn by the Thalmor).

• +1 1

The content addon doesn't contain all of the textures, just the ones with variations, so you'll definitely still need to install the rest of the Book of Silence if you want to have all of the available textures.

Not everything is distributed to NPCs but most are.  For example there are variations in the fur color used for the Savior's Hide.  Once you've aquired the Savior's Hide, you can change the fur color at the forge (or craft unenchanted replicas), but for obvious reasons none of these variations will show up on NPCs.

To answer that, I'd say just go to Skyrim Nexus, click on files, then categories, then Armour.

The TERA Armours collection is reasonably popular, so's the Triss armour and the Bosmer Armour pack. But I dont think there's any Armour package on the same scale as IA.

Edited by Nozzer66

The content addon doesn't contain all of the textures, just the ones with variations, so you'll definitely still need to install the rest of the Book of Silence if you want to have all of the available textures.

Not everything is distributed to NPCs but most are.  For example there are variations in the fur color used for the Savior's Hide.  Once you've aquired the Savior's Hide, you can change the fur color at the forge (or craft unenchanted replicas), but for obvious reasons none of these variations will show up on NPCs.

How do you change the color at a forge?