Player Character went Invisible

holliday50

Question

So, I'm aware of the old invisibility glitch that occurs that can be resolved by typing "player.setactoralpha 100", but this is a bit different.  My character isn't totally invisible, but is probably 95% transparent & becomes visible again if I cast something on myself, such as Dragon Aspect or use a scroll that grants me armor for a time.  As soon as those effects wear off, I go back to nearly invisible again.  Likewise, if I cast anything that effects my weapons, such as Elemental Fury, my weapons become visible for the duration of the effect.  Otherwise, in 3rd person you can't see them, but in first person, you can see a flat greenish texture covering the weapons.  Blood splatters will still show up on them regardless.  I can also fully see my character any time I open up Inventory, but he goes back to invisible soon as the inventory is closed again.  Also, I can always see his eyes & hair as if they don't have the same issue.

I'm running STEP Extended with the omission of a few mods that are no longer available.  I've been running it flawlessly without a single CTD or texture issue.  I was fighting inside one of the Black Books with a follower when the effect happened.  I'm assuming I either hit one of those Stamina statues or my follower put an effect on me that won't wear off. 

The attached video is not mine, but is an accurate representation of what I'm experiencing right now.   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5-cq_jjbq0g  This video is 3 years old, so I'm not sure how much of a "STEP" issue it is.

I just had a thought...I'll open up Race Menu through console command & make a slight change to the character to see if he stays in our realm.  :)

Any other thoughts on this problem would be greatly appreciated.

1 answer to this question

In case anybody encounters this in the future, I found this tutorial invaluable.  https://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/872861-tutorial-removing-unwanted-magic-effects-from-the-player/

The fix occurred after downloading the Cure.rar file from the tutorial, then going into the in-game console & typing "bat SEFSH".  This cleared whatever spell shader was lingering on my character that was making him invisible.