DimmDrive and Mod Organizer

thetommartowseries

Question

Hi guys,

I have come across a problem when using DimmDrive and MO. I have 32GB of ram and can only have the data folder and MO's mod folder which comes to 27GB. When I create the dimmdrive and open up MO I notice in the left pane that a complete copy of every mod has just been created.

I would just like to ask if I unchecked all the mods from the HDD directory and checked the mods in the DimmDrive directory and had to correctly sort them, would that work as intended?

Thanks for reading.

This is when DimmDrive is off.

3QFANWR.png

This is what happens when I load my data and mods folder into DimmDrive.

LWxceD2.png

This is my mods folder directory when DimmDrive is active.

goswY9s.png

Edited by thetommartowseries

Just trying to determine if a side by side file comparison had any differences. That would show DD chocked on something.

The MO VFS is built after the fact when an application that needs to see the data directory is run. Dimmdrive shouldn't need to see that, it is in essence a drive. It only needs to hold all the data.

Running DD from MO may also introduce other problems. MO will hook the DD process and lock files. If DD is not shut down they will not be released. Locked files can lead to growing log file size and possible access to locked files when needed. Early on we had this problem when a web page was opened from MO and you did not close the browser for a while.