Nvidia Inspector question

Quahogs

Question

Been analyzing all things Skyrim and now I'm wondering about this function.   I have NVIDIA Inspector installed and modified the Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim profile as per STEP.  I hit apply and everything locks in.   Now when I close out NVIDIA Inspector and open it up again and click on the tool icon for driver profile settings the BASE profile shows in the window again.   My question is how is Skyrim aware of ANY kind of changes I made using this utility ??   The quote below is off the NVIDIA Inspector WIKI page.   How is the modified Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim profile being saved and loaded once the game is launched ??    

"Game profiles are the main attraction with NVIDIA Inspector because when used, these profiles will allow custom driver settings for individual games. The profiles will then be saved and loaded once the game is launched."

thanks

2 answers to this question

The game's profile is taken care by the NVIDIA Driver itself.

When you open the profile with NVIDIA Inspector, you are just browsing and editing it. Inspector will always load at BASE Profile, so if you want to confirm the changes, close the program, re-open it and browse to TES5 profile again. You changes should be there.

It's like this:

NVidia Graphics Driver is a library of profiles that NVIDIA itself creates and modify. Inspector gives us the tools to modify them :)

The profile is loaded by the graphics driver everytime you load TESV.exe (through skse.exe too).