Load order question after loading my own mods after STEP 2.2.9

pmchem

Question

I followed STEP 2.2.9, then added a lot of mods I personally enjoy, and somehow I can actually run a game and it's not crashing after a few minutes.  Amazing.  I optimized load order with LOOT, but MO and Wrye are still giving me a few minor warnings:

from MO...

Move Flora Respawn Fix - Harvest Overhaul Version after Civil War Overhaul

Move Timing is Everything - Quest Delay and Timing Control after Flora Respawn Fix - Harvest Overhaul Version

Move Traps Make Noise - More Dangerous Traps after Timing is Everything - Quest Delay and Timing Control

Move When Vampires Attack after Traps Make Noise - More Dangerous Traps

Move Complete Crafting Overhaul Remade after When Vampires Attack

Move Ars Metallica - Smithing Enhancement after Complete Crafting Overhaul Remade

Move Provincial Courier Service after Ars Metallica - Smithing Enhancement

Move The Paarthurnax Dilemma after Provincial Courier Service

Move Alternate Start - Live Another Life after The Paarthurnax Dilemma

Move SkyUI after Thunderchild - Epic Shouts and Immersion

Move Aurora - Standing Stones of Skyrim after SkyUI

Move Spectraverse - Magic of the Magna-Ge after Aurora - Standing Stones of Skyrim

Move Dwemertech - Magic of the Dwarves after Spectraverse - Magic of the Magna-Ge

Move Apocalypse - Magic of Skyrim after Dwemertech - Magic of the Dwarves

from Wrye, master index vs LO (orange warnings):

Thunderchild's Wyrmstooh patch expected Thunderchild to be loaded before Wyrmstooth

some AOS compat patches expected AOS to be loaded before the other mods (Realistic Water, Wet And Cold, Guard Dialogue Overhaul)

Who to trust about load order?  I figured LOOT was the BOSS replacement and should be solid.  But, if the mods have internal notes that give different advice...?

I'm looking forward to giving Civil War Overhaul a try, and a bunch of standalone quests/dungeons/expansions I never finished before (Falskaar, Wyrmstooth, Dragonborn DLC, etc).

2 answers to this question

Regarding the 'Potential Mod order problem(s)' reported by MO. The thing to remember is:

The suggestions to move mods given by MO are related to the mods in the Left-hand pane whereas Loot and other tools are concerned with the position of esp/esm files, or those in the Right-hand pane.

So after using Loot to order your mods, those MO 'problems', should be corrected by moving the mods (assets like textures/meshes/menus/etc.) in the Left-hand pane. The "Fix" option in the MO dialog is, as it says still in beta, so don't expect it to fix every possible combination. (Although it does do a fairly respectable job) If you have a large list of problems, work from the bottom up and manually move problematic mods to the desired place.

Think of the MO suggstions as reminders from the mod authors to "install" mod A before mod B to make it work.