Distorted lighting effects using ENB Vividian

Hi Valtarien,

The "EED_verasansmomo.bmp" used to be present in older versions of Vividian Vivid ENB. At that time this was explained in SR:LE.

In newer versions, and especiallly in the latest version (v.6.02) this file does not exist, IIRC.

Therefore, can you check if you are using the latest version of Vividian or if you have any remains from older versions in your Skyrim folder?

Oh I see. I installed the vanilla color version, without noticing that they are different revisions of the mod. I assumed the only difference between the two main mods was the color palette. Thanks for pointing that out. For now, I've opted to simply use ENBoost, as I'm not very interested in applying special filters or color alterations to the visuals. I've also experimented with Zoners High Performance ENB - Vanilla Version, with satisfying results. I'm still shopping around though, as I would be open to a lightweight ENB that doesn't alter the original game's visuals too much - only enhance them. I tried untangling Vividian from my setup, but it seems like too much work for too little benefit. I'm simply changing the active ENB through ENB Manager. At some point, I may just configure my own ENB for my own use - when I can be bothered to spend the time on it. At the moment, I'm tinkering with the Uncapper.ini for a better leveling experience and hunting for a good magic overhaul complement to SRLE.

Edited by Valtarien

Thank you again for pointing me in the right direction regarding Vividian. I was remiss in not installing the vivid version before (that was my only deviation from the guide, honest!). I figure I can always set UseOriginalPostProcessing=true if I don't care for the altered color scheme. I did opt to install the performance version via the installer, which suits me well.

• 2 weeks later...

Say -

I'm currently running Vividian ENB, latest version (6.02) on a Dell 2711 (1440p) through a single r9 290x (oringinally 290, bios flashed to 290x) - and I've just seen a very interesting offer on a second 290x. Crossfire sure sounds enticing - but I've also seen a LOT of conflicting information about ENBs and CF.

Right now, I'm using the Vividian performance version (vivid, not vanilla) with water effects and simple DoF activated, and I'm getting 40-60 fps. Not bad at all - but it would be nice to maybe turn up the ENB quality and get a solid 60fps everywhere.

So ... What's the state-of-the-art these days?

- Do the various hacks actually work?

- In particular, DoF: Is DoF and Crossfire a no-fly zone or have folks actually figured out how to get it running?

- What do I have to give up for them to work? (For example, I use RadeoPro for triple buffering for muc smoother play and I really appreciate borderless windowed fullscreen - is this stuff going to get borked?)

Anything else I should consider? 

Edited by mikegray

The ENB dev hates AMD with a fierce vengeance.... and that is not likely to change at all. Add that he also dislike multicard setups on top of that and well... I guess the simple way to say it is... if you accept that there is going to be issues then go for it.. otherwise then save ya money for a next generation card instead. 

The ENB dev hates AMD with a fierce vengeance.... and that is not likely to change at all. Add that he also dislike multicard setups on top of that and well... I guess the simple way to say it is... if you accept that there is going to be issues then go for it.. otherwise then save ya money for a next generation card instead. 

Hmm. From everything I've heard, that Boris is quite the character!

I don't mind "issues" per se - I hang out in modding forums because I like tinkering with stuff. But I'd hate to end up realizing that I've bought a card I can't use. Thing is, Skyrim with ENB is the only game I need any more more horse-power for - I've never played any other game that wasn't butter-smooth with what is, already, a very powerful card. (Heck - it's the only game I even overclock for ... )

Edited by mikegray