My favorite tools, programs and add-ons

phazer11

Alright so I've been meaning to make this for a while, finally had a breather. Just thought I'd share some of the things I find useful or downright must haves (for me). All right first off is the handy dandy survival kit.

Phazer11's Portable Survival Kit a.k.a. The Swiss Army 'Steeq'

Step 1: Download Portable Apps Platform and install it to the main directory of a blank USB stick; preferably a fast one since this can go about as fast as watching paint dry, if the USB drive is slow. (https://sourceforge.net/projects/portableapps/)Step 2: Pick your programs using the Portable Apps Platform. My personal list is below.Chrome PortableNotepad++ PortableBlender PortableGIMP PortableLibreCAD PortableKiTTY PortableKVIrc PortableLynx PortableqBittorrent PortableAudacity Portablefre:ac PortableMedia Player Classic - Home Cinema (MPC-HC) PortableSongbird PortableVLC Media Player PortableFocuswriter PortableFoxit Reader PortableLibreOffice PortableSigil PortableEraser PortableHijackThis PortableKaspersky TDSSKiller PortableKeePass Password Safe PortableMcAfee Stinger PortablePeerblockSpybot - Search & Destroy Portable7-Zip PortableChecksum Control PortableCrystalDiskInfo PortableCrystalDiskMark PortableFontForge PortableHWiNFO PortableIObit Unlocker PortableProcess Hacker PortableRevo Uninstaller PortableSmart Defrag PortableToucanUUID-GUID Generator PortableWhoDat PortableWinDirStat PortableWindows Error Lookup Tool PortableWinMerge PortableNot found in the Portable Apps DatabaseCyberfox PortableCCLeaner PortableRecova Portable

Must have audio and video tools, codecs, players and general PC utilities. Aside from the non-portable versions of some (most of the above)

MediaCoder

StaxRip

x264 CLi (the 10-bit versions are nice to have as well)

MeGUI (if I'm desperate for some reason)

Kawaii Codec Pack (Contains MPC-HC, as well as some of the best renderers out there)

MediaMonkey (Songbird is a completely free alternative but I don't like it as much, it's probably second on my list though)

MKVToolnix

MKVCleaver

TSMuxer

MakeMKV

ImgBurn

Exact Audio Copy

Auslogics Duplicate File Finder

HDTune

MyDefrag

Daemon Tools

Calibre (The best eBook manager and viewer I've found. It even has a plugin that'll enable you to download stories from Fanfiction.net and Fictionpress among others if you're into that)

My Favorite Firefox Addons

HTTPS EverywhereGhosteryGoogle PrivacyAdlock Plus or Adblock EdgeElement Hiding Helper for Adblock PlusAdblock Plus Pop-Up AddonYoutube Video and Audio DownloaderPicozu ShooterFoxBleedTab Mix Plus or Multiple Tab HandlerFast Image Research

One very useful tool not on the list is IfranView.

Two firefox extensions I would recommend are DisconnectMe over Ghostery (non proprietary, presumably better coverage). Self destructing cookies is also nice little privacy addon. Prism break has a lot of useful info regarding privacy.

Lastly I would recommend the use of a Host file. Either from someonewhocares or mvps.