SOLVED... MO will not start skse anymore only the launcher, help

Jdsren

Question

I recently downloaded razer game booster from cnet and in the process some weird threat was stopped by Norton anti virus and my computer was restarted. When my computer did restart, I loaded up Mod Organizer and launched skyrim (via skse in excutables tab) only to find that the program will not start! Windows keeps telling me skyrim has stopped working and is looking for a fix. I can only run skyrim through the steam launcher in MO now. I can start the game with steam and from my skyrim root folder. Can someone give me some ideas as to what I can do to figure this out please. I've already tried updating MO, reinstalled SKSE as per STEP recommendations and still same error. This really hurts because I just finished getting everything all perfect, the only reason I wanted to try razer was because my game was running out of memory (even with shesons memory patch) and crashing suddenly, it filled both memory slots up completely 512 and 256 on numerous occasions.

here is the papyrus log after the consistent failure to start....

[07/10/2014 - 11:38:53PM] Papyrus log opened (PC)

[07/10/2014 - 11:38:53PM] error: Native function GetUseSound in empty state does not match existing signature on linked type Potion. Function will not be bound.

[07/10/2014 - 11:38:53PM] Update budget: 800.000000ms (Extra tasklet budget: 800.000000ms, Load screen budget: 2000.000000ms)

[07/10/2014 - 11:38:53PM] Memory page: 256 (min) 512 (max) 153600 (max total)

Would reinstalling MO completely fix it if it was a corrupt file?, shouldn't updating from 1.2 to 1.2.9 have done that? Any help in preserving my finally completed mod setup wold be greatly appreciated.

Edited by Jdsren

4 answers to this question

a. i wasnt notified of any files being quarantined other than some spybot bug, nothing related to skyrim or Skse.

b. Ok, after messing around I noticed that if I start a fresh profile and run skse from the executables list the game will start. After I check even one mod in the left panel and run skse again the game will not start and windows searches for a solution to the problem.

That's any one mod (ihud, official patches...) whatsoever.

Edit: skyui will work if its the only mod in the list, adding even ihud will again not allow the game to start. Could this be memory related possibly?

Edit: this is driving me nuts, now once again the game will not start at all with or without skyui... Sometimes it will start other times it won't.

I don't think skse is the problem but I'm just assuming because it will start on a mod free setup. Can I reinstall MO somehow and keep my 500+ mods installed on 3 separate profiles in tact? In a year of using MO I've never encountered even one bug or flaw in the program, it has worked perfectly for me.

Solved!! It was the razer program still lingering on even after I deleted it. I manually deleted a few related files that were not removed and the game works. Thanks for the feedback sorry for being so naieve.

Edited by Jdsren

a) Next time a crap software is telling you it's going to delete/quarantine files you might at least write down what files those are

b) If you can start Mod Organizer, you can start skyrim and you can start the launcher but you can't start skse, isn't it far more likely that it's skse that is broken than any of the others?

Seeing that you didn't write down (or at least didn't post) what Norton actually did, one possibility is that it deleted or removed all access rights on skse, one of its files or one of the skse plugins and now skse can't access one of it's essential files or it tries to read a plugin, can't access it and panics.

Is "error: Native function GetUseSound in empty state does not match existing signature on linked type Potion." still in you papyrus log now that your game is working? That is the first line in my papyrus log as well. I have just completed my mod setup and trying to play and having stability problems. Namely the game does not to start. Sometimes it starts sometimes it doesn't. When I say it won't start I mean it crashes as soon as the load screen text shows up. The Skyrim Emblem will show for a few seconds then the text then CTD. Also Mod Organizer will sometimes go to "MO is locked while the executable is running", but then immediately unlock as if the application had closed although the game will still be loading in the background and then eventually start. Also it takes a very long time about one to two minutes for the game to load up every time. Anyway this is my first time trying to use the Papyrus log and not sure how serious this error is or what it is related to.

Edited by Component_Actual