Couple of Suggestions

badcock

Question

First I want to say great work on this application.  I have officially kicked NMM to the curb. I hope these suggestions can help.  I did a search and didn't find all the answers I was looking for.  If they are there point me in the right direction and I will go from there.

1. When copying a profile the mod priorities are not maintained in the new profile. I found a solution on the forums, but this just seems like it should copy the priorities as well.

2. In the download pane when selecting "Query Info" for a file, I sometimes get a message about it not finding the ID and maybe the filename changed.  It would be nice if there were an item in the context menu so you could set the ID.

3. On a related matter any thoughts on handling files not from NexusMods?

Now off to explore more capabilities of this great app.

4 answers to this question

1) I've not experienced that behavior. Whenever I copy a profile and create a new one from it it looks identical in every way.

2) You can right-click on the mod (in the left pane of MO) go to Information and then you should see a Nexus tab in which you can put in the Nexus ID as well as version number.

3) You can use the manual install button in the top left corner to manually install the zipped mod that you downloaded from any site.

1) I started with version 1.2.1 but didn't really notice that behavior until I copied a profile in 1.2.5.

2) Thanks for that tip.

3) I have been placing all of the files in the downloads folder so I can install directly from there.  I thought an easy way to identify in the download pane that particular file was not from Nexus would be helpful.  Which reminds me of the other thing I forgot.  Sometimes, especially on manual downloads, the file name is not obvious which mod it is related to.  It would be nice if you could open the archive (7z, rar, zip, etc) directly from the download pane then you could determine (maybe) which mod it belongs to. 

Thanks again for this great mod.  One of my favorite features (of many) is the ability to enable the mods necessary for a save game.

Re point 1: as a workaround you can manually navigate to Mod OrganizerProfiles folder on your PC using file explorer and manually copy and paste any of the profiles listed there. Give the new folder a desired name and ensure that all the files are copied over from the original folder. 

3) I have been placing all of the files in the downloads folder so I can install directly from there.  I thought an easy way to identify in the download pane that particular file was not from Nexus would be helpful.  Which reminds me of the other thing I forgot.  Sometimes, especially on manual downloads, the file name is not obvious which mod it is related to.  It would be nice if you could open the archive (7z, rar, zip, etc) directly from the download pane then you could determine (maybe) which mod it belongs to. 

By hovering over the file in the Downloads pane in the right the pop-up text will tell you what mod it belongs to.