aMidianBorn Solstheim Landscape install instructions

Maybe I'm reading something some thing wrong here

Special Installation: Do not install the following file(s) and/or folder(s):

• textures/dlc02/landscape/dlc2road01ash01*.dds (High Resolution DLC is superior.)
  • textures/dlc02/landscape/volcanic_ash_darkcliff_01*.dds (High Resolution DLC is superior.)
  • textures/dlc02/landscape/volcanic_ash_rocks_01*.dds (Serious HD is superior.)
  • textures/dlc02/landscape/volcanic_ash_tundra_01*.dds (High Resolution DLC is superior.)
  • textures/dlc02/landscape/volcanic_ash_tundra_03*.dds (High Resolution DLC is superior.)

Doesn't Serious HD Replace these files and not the High Resolution DLC

Special Installation: Install only the following file(s) and/or folder(s

• textures/dlc02/landscape/dlc2road01ash01.dds
  • textures/dlc02/landscape/volcanic_ash_darkcliff_01*.dds
  • textures/dlc02/landscape/volcanic_ash_rocks_01*.dds
  • textures/dlc02/landscape/volcanic_ash_tundra_01.dds
  • textures/dlc02/landscape/volcanic_ash_tundra_03*.dds

the only difference being Serious HD only has one textures/dlc02/landscape/volcanic_ash_tundra_01.dds file

Edited by Razorsedge877

I had a question about this specific pack myself. Does the asterisk at the end of the file name listing imply the selection of the "_n" files in addition? This is unclear if that's the case. Please advise.

Thank you.

In Windows, Linux, Mac OS an "*" in a wild card the can represent anything. For example, let say I have files in a directory, called abc.txt, bcd.txt, abcd.doc, etc. If I type "del *.*" (windows) all those files will be deleted because I am deleting everything with a "." between them. In Unix typing "rm *" will remove all files in the directory no including subdirectories. If I type "del a*.*" all files starting with "A" will be deleted (windows). The the instructions install textures/dlc02/landscape/volcanic_ash_darkcliff_01*.dds means install textures/dlc02/landscape/volcanic_ash_darkcliff_01{put anything you damn well please instead of the "*"}.dds. Yes that includes "_n".

Edited by DanimalTwo
  • +1 1