DDSopt will not extract BSA files

shniggysaurus

Question

I'm following through the beginning of the DDSopt guide and trying to get DDSopt to extract the BSAs for me. I have set all the settings and set to run as administrator but when I hit process to extract them it seems to run through all the files in the BSA and do nothing to them.  The output folders are empty.

I do the same process on the same settings with BSAopt and it extracts everything just fine.

Any ideas on what I'm doing wrong?  When I try to do the rest of the guide with DDSopt will it work correctly?

1 answer to this question

I usually use BSAopt for extraction so I don't have to change DDSopt from the usual settings used for optimizing. I also set BSAopt as the default program for BSAs so when I double click on a BSA file BSAopt opens. If you are using DDSopt make sure that "Don't process any of the known file types" and "Copy unprocessed and ignored files (passthrough)" are both ticked with a checkmark. If they are not both ticked the BSA will not be extracted. The upper two settings don't matter if you are just extracting. The extraction instructions in the guide make some assumptions about the default values of the some of the Ignore options; we'll change the text to make it clearer in the Quickstart guide and Vanilla Texture Preparation tabs.