HRDLC Optimized and High Res Texture Pack

ShadowNirvana

Question

I don't have that good of a graphics card(ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5650) so I'll be running a performance STEP. Thus I have decided to use "HRDLC Optimized" (full 1024). But I have some questions and problems:

-Because I have the legendary edition, the "High Resolution Texture Pack"s are already installed. Do I just deselect the .esps from MO, or do I deselect the .bsas from the Archive subsection of MO too?

-Because it was in STEP, I downloaded and installed "Unofficial High Resolution Patch". Do I just deselect the .esps? I've extracted the .bsas when it asked me, so I don't know what to do about that? Or should I just deselect the mod entirely? Or remove it perhaps?

-Based on the previous question, if I'm deselecting or removing "the Unofficial Resolution Patch", do I download and install the compatibility version of "HRDLC Optimized" or just the normal one? Or both?

I understand these are a lot of questions, but I couldn't find the answer to this in the Wiki or the forums. Maybe in light of this the description in the wiki can be expanded a bit.

Thanks in advance.

2 answers to this question

I don't have that good of a graphics card(ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5650) so I'll be running a performance STEP. Thus I have decided to use "HRDLC Optimized" (full 1024). But I have some questions and problems:

-Because I have the legendary edition, the "High Resolution Texture Pack"s are already installed. Do I just deselect the .esps from MO, or do I deselect the .bsas from the Archive subsection of MO too?

-Because it was in STEP, I downloaded and installed "Unofficial High Resolution Patch". Do I just deselect the .esps? I've extracted the .bsas when it asked me, so I don't know what to do about that? Or should I just deselect the mod entirely? Or remove it perhaps?

-Based on the previous question, if I'm deselecting or removing "the Unofficial Resolution Patch", do I download and install the compatibility version of "HRDLC Optimized" or just the normal one? Or both?

I understand these are a lot of questions, but I couldn't find the answer to this in the Wiki or the forums. Maybe in light of this the description in the wiki can be expanded a bit.

Thanks in advance.

Depending on how you use MO, loose files always overwrite BSAs. I have MO set to extract all BSAs. To answer your questions:

1. The ESPs for the "High Resolution Texture Pack"s can be disabled. You can leave the BSAs checked as they will be overwritten anyways.

2. If you extracted the "Unofficial High Resolution Patch" its ESP becomes unnecessary. It can be deleted or unchecked it when you install with MO.

3. You should install both "HRDLC Optimized" and the "Unofficial High Resolution Patch". The "HRDLC Optimized" should be before the "Unofficial High Resolution Patch" so the "Unofficial High Resolution Patch" will overwrite some but not all the textures in "HRDLC Optimized". Double lift-clicking on the mods in left-pane of MO will bring up another window for the mod. Selecting the "Conflicts" tab will show you which files the mod overwrite and which mods overwrite its files. If you see a grey lightning symbol next to the right of the mod name in the left-pane, ALL of its files are being overwritten.