How does Mod Organizer reinstall mods

MisterSkilly

Question

Hello!As I'm running kinda low on diskspace (still plenty available, but still) I was wondering how MO reinstalls mods.Does it just zip the mod in /mods/ directory again and unzips? Or is it searching the original compressed file? Or are all archives somewhere in the directory saved?Thanks!

7 answers to this question

When you install a mod, it uses the meta data to figure out what the archive was that the mod came from. The problem that have is if you put multiple files into the same folder, only the last file you installed with be reinstalled. I recommend using the original archive from the downloads tab and install the mod again. When asked just click replace when doing so. Then if the mod has additional files those need to be install again too, but click merge.

When you install a mod, it uses the meta data to figure out what the archive was that the mod came from. The problem that have is if you put multiple files into the same folder, only the last file you installed with be reinstalled. I recommend using the original archive from the downloads tab and install the mod again. When asked just click replace when doing so. Then if the mod has additional files those need to be install again too, but click merge.

Thanks, I figured that out by myself as I tested around a little yesterday. Weird that I thought I already tested that :/ thanks anyways!And BTW, is it bad when you have tons of texture mods which override themselves? Because I have like 1 Texture Combiner Pack, which is about 8 Gigs big, and several others like Skyrim 2k Lite, or aMidianBorn Book of Silence? Do the overwritten files load into game, or will they stay unloaded/out of the game?Thanks!