STEP Load Order After BOSS?

Aliased

Question

I have installed most of STEP, run it through BOSS, and cleaned up some of the files.  Now I'm looking at the mods in Mod Organizer and I see that several of them are being completely overwritten by other mods.

I actually removed some of the redundant mods in aggravation, the one still around is HD Enhanced Terrain, placed after Enhanced Distant Terrain 1 and 2, along with the DB patch, it still says it's a redundant mod.  

What did I do wrong?  Am I supposed to make sure the mods on the list conform to the STEP order after running boss?  If so, mods with ESP files don't get moves, right?

Thanks in advance!

Aliased.

4 answers to this question

Some mods will overwrite the files you see in the left pane and have some of its files overwritten by subsequent mods (seen as a lightning symbol with +/- signs next to it). This is intended in STEP, which is why you should follow the STEP load order. In the right pane the ESMs and ESPs will be sorted by BOSS, which can be completely different from your mod order in the left pane. Again this behavior is completely intended. If a mod is completely overwritten in the left pane, it will have a grey lightning symbol next to it.

Some mods will overwrite the files you see in the left pane and have some of its files overwritten by subsequent mods (seen as a lightning symbol with +/- signs next to it). This is intended in STEP' date=' which is why you should follow the STEP load order. In the right pane the ESMs and ESPs will be sorted by BOSS, which can be completely different from your mod order in the left pane. Again this behavior is completely intended. If a mod is completely overwritten in the left pane, it will have a grey lightning symbol next to it.[/quote']

So Boss is only sorting the right pane, good to know.  I understand the lightning symbols, and what I am saying is I have mods with grey symbols, since STEP shouldn't have redundant mods, I'm assuming I have it in the wrong place in the load order and something overwriting it is actually meant to be overwritten.  Correct?

I'm hoping for advice on the correct load order of step mods, or for someone to just confirm that the STEP guide is meant to be loaded as written.  I understand they are meant to be installed in the order written, I'm not sure why Mod Organizer changed that order for loading, do I change it back?

Your mods in the left pane SHOULD be in the order given in the STEP guide (you can change the order simply by clicking and holding down your left mouse button and moving the mod to where you want). You can find out what mods are conflicting by double clicking the mod name in the left pane and then selecting the conflicts tab in the newly opened window.