PPP...Persistent Personal Fog?

mtar925

Question

Sorry I don't know the right word....I don't want to call it a "shader" because I'm not sure what it is.

Down in Blackreach playing through the main quest, I picked up a curling blue-gray mist around my character, like some kind of poison or magic effect. I thought it was a temporary thing and played on, but about 60 game-hours later (including 48 hours of sleep to see if it would go away) it's still persisting. I've drank cure disease and cure poison potions, and activated the Shrine of Kynareth; nothing seems to work.

Looking back through my saves, as best I can tell I picked it up exiting the Debate Hall in Blackreach. Inside the hall there was no mist, then when I exit through the small door in the NE corner of the upper level, onto an exterior walkway, the mist appears. I don't appear to set off any trap or have any encounters as I exit. I am not 100% sure this is where the mist actually appeared, as I did not originally notice it until later, but as best I can tell by loading saves this is the spot.

Any suggestions?

Interestingly, if I exit the Debate Hall by a different door first, then re-renter and exit through that small upper door, the mist does not appear. The obvious solution would be to replay from this point but I played for about 12 game-hours afterwards, thinking the mist would go away, racking up some great experience and memories. I hope there's another solution....and I just like to know why things like this happen, too.

Screenie of the mist is attached, taken on the walkway where it first appears.

post-2911-13934818533023_thumb.jpg

7 answers to this question

Update in case anyone else was interested....

The second link offered about, to forums.nexusmods, is especially helpful and right on-point. I've bookmarked it for future reference. However I was still not able to resolve the problem, and wound up going back and re-playing from my last fog-free save.

Thanks again for the help.