CTD when trying to save (Random)

Drax8

Question

Hello,

Reaching out to you fine people here for some help. I have finally gotten a stable gameplay experience with all the latest advancements in the modding community, and it is awesome. It's never been so smooth and worry free. However, a new issue has cropped up out of nowhere, and I am stumped.

When I try to save, not always, but randomly, I will CTD. It could be from doing a new hard save, a quicksave, using the Save Hotkey Archmod for SKSE, even tried enabling autosaves and still would randomly get CTD's. It's very frustrating because I never know when it will happen, so I'm scared to save and will play for a long time, cross my fingers and make a save, and crash. So all that playtime is gone. I should note that there does seem to be a 100% CTD on save in the Hall of the Dead in Whiterun. Yes I know, easy solution to that, don't save in there! But that doesn't help with random CTD's on saving everywhere else.

What I noticed in the Saves folder, is a save file is being generated that ends in .tmp,  "Draxon Redoran's Retreat 13.12.32.ess.tmp" for example, when I CTD. The file is only 512 kb. My regular saves are not bloated either, around 10.7 mb or so.

I have searched, but found no reliable or definitive answers on the cause or cure. Any help would be so much appreciated. Thank you!

Drax

1 answer to this question

Please disregard, I believe I found the issue. Like a knucklehead I upgraded Apocalypse - Magic of Skyrim in the middle of a playthrough. I know I know, my own fault! Anyways, my current character is only level 19, I have no problem starting over, especially with how fun it is to play crash free now!

Cheers!