SR and SR:LE hybrid installation [Solved]

Tadtadtad

Question

Hi everyone,

First I'd like to thanks Neovalen for putting so much effort into this, and everyone else for helping a lot on this forum.

After using STEP I'd like to try SR, but with the guide being frozen for a while a few questions come to my mind.

1. Should I use the DDSOpt method used in SR:LE for the HRDLC even if I proceed onto a SR install ? IT takes so much times, the SR:LE version seems cleaner and quicker ?

2. The SR version of Langleys Wood Metal and Stone Texture Workshop seems to refer to one huge file and its update, but now on the nexus there are many separate files. Again trying to save some time, should I skip the cities, clutter and furniture files, as they seems to be skipped during the installation ?

And a last one, I thought it could be nice to ditch some of the mods from SR, to use SR:LE ones, as it seems there are less of them while being more useful, does it seems feasible as some of you seem to run an hybrid version, or should I proceed in another way ? Of course I do not fear to take a "trial and error" road, but I would like some advice first.

I hope my english isn't too bad, as it is not my native language and that I made myself clear :)

2 answers to this question

Hi, as so many of the mods in SR are now out of date, many of the patches will be too. I would just go for SR: LE. There are many mods in the old SR which probably are no longer necessary but then again SR: LE is still being finished, but it is up to date and given some of the new mods and changes coming out it would be better to use a guide that is currently being updated.

:)

P.S. it works a treat as is.

Haha thanks Smile, as it is your post that gave me the idea of going for an hybrid version, glad you're the one to answer me :D

Great, so I'll go for a full SR:LE install, it seems way more convenient and cleaner than the SR one!

Thanks a lot.