First Time SOLVED:User of DDSopt, Skyrim-Texture Missing Now?

Larka

Question

EDIT: I FIXED IT. The STEP guide was pretty vague at the end, and I forgot to actually click on each of the seven archives and install them in MO. I was silly thinking just placing them into the folder "mods" would do anything. hehe.

TL;DR STD.7z in Folder; MO not seeing Skyrim-Textures.

Hello everyone, 

This is my first post so let me begin by saying hi :)

So, to my query. I just followed the STEP by STEP instructions on using DDSopt to optimize my textures. I have all DLC's plus the three HDDLC. I followed the process (took a few hours) and I finished everything up and saving my "Working Directory" and "Vanilla Extracted" just in case. Added only "Live another Life" Mod to test it, ran skyrim launcher first, just to check. then Started Skyrim with Skse. 

Then came the purple. Everywhere.

When i started a new game, everything was horrible and purple. 

So I exited, looked at ModOrganizer, and lo and behold, Skyrim-Textures was missing. Everything else was fine. The "Mods" folder contains only Live another life plus all 7 optimized 7zip files. Yes, STD.7z is there, but its not recognizing it.

So, to quickly end this rambling post, maybe I missed a step (highly likely i guess?) was I suppose to convert something to a BSA? To clarify, I did delete from the original DATA folder the items STEP told me too, inclulding the textures.bsa. so idk.

3 answers to this question

Well, first thank you, by going to Steam-Verify Game Integrity, it Re downloaded Textures (plus 4 other files, thinking these were the BSAs i deleted) so yes, now its working.

But the question is, is the STD.7z working? are my textures optimized now, or not? hmm. will keep fiddling around, will try to re-optimize the vanilla textures again later, have to get some sleep for work tonight.