DDSopt- I'm Stuck Please Help

aaa177

Question

I have followed all the steps up to Archiving all of the textures (I used the batch file to do this). The instructions were all well explained and thought out, however I do not see the step on how to put these optimized textures back into the Skyrim data folder. I am really sorry for asking such a stupid question and wasting your time, but I have been stuck on this for a while and I really need the help. Thanks in advanced. 

3 answers to this question

I am sorry but can you go into a little more detail. Like do I take these make a new folder called data then another one named textures. And how exactly do I load them with wrye bash, do I just put the file into bash installer then go to wrye bash and press install? Also, thanks for replying.  

If you use the batch file that archives the vanilla textures you have a set of 4-7 (depending on how many DLC you have) archived texture files . In order to install these into the proper folders in Skyrim you need to use either Wrye Bash or Mod Organizer to install the textures. If you use Wrye Bash, then put these archive files into the Bash Installer folder. Installing these files as well as those from other mods is discussed in the Wrye Bash guide section on installing mods. Since these files are optimized versions of the vanilla textures they are the first files to be installed, before any of the STEP mods are installed.