Vampire Faces

goobet

Question

So, I just installed S.T.E.P. 2.2.6 using Wrye Bash. Everything at baseline, no textures beyond 1k except for aMidianborn textures and the Skyrim map clutter item texture. On top of that I'm running Climates of Tamriel and Phinix ENB. Everything runs smooth as butter with one problem: For a reasons unknown, all the vampires in game have reverted back to their pre-Dawnguard look. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling texture mods, as well as Dawnguard itself. None of my tinkering thus far seems to work at all. Has anyone else had similar issues? I also had Interesting NPC's installed with a patch for it that changed the npcs added by it back to vanilla vampires, but uninstalled it when it started to cause my game to crash. Could that be it?

PS. Shout to the S.T.E.P. team for creating an amazing resource for modders. =)

3 answers to this question

Eureka! Turns out the "Natural Eyes" mod was overwriting the vampire eyes, and therefore changing all the faces. I downloaded an older version of the mod that didn't include any werewolf or vampire eye changes, so humans still have great looking eyes and vampire's are ugly nightspawned horrors again! I couldn't find any conflicts using Tes5edit, but you can probably chalk that up to my being very green when it comes to modding so extensively, haha.