Safe to add AV mid game?

7hr08ik

Question

Got my skyrim running good and strong. "touch wood" no CTD's only the very occasional freeze.

Just wondering is it safe to add automatic variant half way through a playthrough?

I stopped using it due to the memory issues and a very u stable game, but now with the new enb and it's tweaks, and some very good tes5editing I got a rock solid game. And want to add this back in without restarting

Sent from my LT26i using Tapatalk 4 Beta

You can always add .esp´s to a save with relative safety. The problem is removing it again!

In the case of AV then it should not be a problem. Since it loads last then the formID´s that it gets assigned do not push to anything else (to my knowledge).

As long as you do not mess with your mod list after installing it then it should also keep working. I have tested the issue when it stops working, or only works on half the creatures, and linked it to the fact that the formID´s that it gets assigned are no longer valid and have to be remade all over.

Awesome. I was using AV, ASIS, and the full SkyRe installation but I just couldn't get my game stable. Now that it's good, and the enb has started working on memory issues I think it's time to start adding them back in

Otherwise just resize most of the animals to 1k in size and it will work just fine on most "modern" setups.

Like I have said so many times now..... why on earth would you want your foxes and rabbits etc. to be 2k ? You hardly ever look at them up close, and when you do its momentary.

It is more vital that skeletons and draugr etc. use 2k since those actually look more awesome with higher quality normals etc.

Yeah, I've already got my setup ddsopt'd.

Is there any limit to how many AV packs to use, or can I just bat crap crazy and get everything?

Probs just gonna use the main ones on AV page and maybe starx

But won't the game be taxed searching through the large number of textures to choose from. I know it won't be taxed by having different textures I'm just wondering if it will be taxed by giving it such a large selection to choose from?

I'm probably just gonna stick with neo's recommendations from SR anyway. But wondering nonetheless

Obviously AV has the POTENTIAL to tax the hell out of even the best of systems.

Depending on which cell grid (5x5 for ugrids = 5) you are loading, and what time it is ingame, then you can get very high amounts of memory use. This is why I tell people it is so vital that "clutter" like rabbits and foxes should get downsized since they do not contribute vastly to anything but the memory use.

Also the (logical) rule is ... the more variation the more potential memory use.

As long as you do not increase ugrids, or have anything that increase the amount of spawns, or add more spawnpoints etc. then the SR selection of AV packages is good enough, if you reduce "clutter" to 1k.

If the option to have AV packages for weapons and armor ever becomes an option then it will most likely need some adjustment.

It would be, however that will depend on your system. CPU speed, read/write times of your HDD... If you have Skyrim installed on an SSD you'll be fine :)

I have a 1.5 TB HDD that spins at 7200 and I've never encountered any related problems. I use majority of AV texture packs, inlcuding Porscha's skeletons not available on Nexus (I don't use cute bunnies and a couple other ones). I deselected many though (pink mammoths etc.) prior to building the patch.

If you reach the point where HDD starts to become a bottleneck then you have general memory issues. It will most likely increase stuttering on cell changes by a little bit... but again depends on the total amount used.

The more memory you use, the more you stutter.

But try it out and see how it goes.

Once you have it added, then start a game via console (coc ) then increase your move speed (setplayer.av speedmult 500) and run around the world.

Depending on how far you can get around the more stable your game is memory wise.

There are ofc. still issues like spawnpoints etc. that can mess it up, so ofc try it a few times and see how it goes.