The last step in creating the ASG-AWE Patch

Cakeslam

Question

Navigate to /overwrite and move the new file(s) to /mods/Acquisitive Soul Gems.

I haven't been using Mod Organizer at all during the STEP installation as I thought it was optional. Is this step still required if I'm using Wrye Bash? If so, does that mean I'll need to install MO and do this step, then I can continue with WB as I was? Or have I missed the point entirely?

3 answers to this question

Most people here use MO by now. there are still a few WB veterans around. I personally only use it for making patches and some merging here and there.

But in general it should not be required. When you make a patch file, you just need to move it to the directory where all your other .esp´s are and it should show up on WB´s list.

When using MO then tes5edit creates the patches in the overwrite directory. If you do not use it then as I recall then tes5edit has a dir in the skyrim dir where it makes the files.

Ah ok, as I was familiar with WB from modding Oblivion I just thought I better stick to what I know haha. TES5Edit seems to have dropped the patch directly into the Data folder and it's showing up in WB, so I guess there's no need for that last step. Thanks for the clarification :)