Dual Sheath Redux & Shields

grhuff

Question

Is there any way to get the benefits of DSR like left-hand weapons/sheaths and staves on the back WITHOUT shields on the back? Is it as simple as manually removing the shield meshes from the DSR mod or replacing them with the copies from the normal meshes? Or will that cause problems?

8 answers to this question

It seems I have an issue with the second weapon not appearing while sheathed. I have tried with both dual daggers on the back and with one sword and one dagger configurations. I am using Insanity's Sorrow which is on your list of good mods. I have fallowed your guide to the letter. The animation works great. I am just missing the left side dagger. At this point I can only speculate that its a java issue being that I am running windows 8 and I run a proxy because windows 8 does not allow java on start-up. https://www.java.com/en/download/faq/win8_faq.xml 

I am hoping this is not the case for I love your mod and want to use it. when the game first came out it was one of my pet peeves that you could use two swords but only have one sheath. So thank you for this mod....Now I only want to get it to work.

It seems I have an issue with the second weapon not appearing while sheathed. I have tried with both dual daggers on the back and with one sword and one dagger configurations. I am using Insanity's Sorrow which is on your list of good mods. I have fallowed your guide to the letter. The animation works great. I am just missing the left side dagger. At this point I can only speculate that its a java issue being that I am running windows 8 and I run a proxy because windows 8 does not allow java on start-up. https://www.java.com/en/download/faq/win8_faq.xml 

I am hoping this is not the case for I love your mod and want to use it. when the game first came out it was one of my pet peeves that you could use two swords but only have one sheath. So thank you for this mod....Now I only want to get it to work.  

her is my system info.

Time of this report: 7/10/2013, 00:02:59

Machine name: HP_PAVILION

Operating System: Windows 8 64-bit (6.2, Build 9200) (9200.win8_gdr.130410-1505)

Language: English (Regional Setting: English)

System Manufacturer: Hewlett-Packard

System Model: p7-1534

BIOS: 8.15

Processor: AMD A8-5500 APU with Radeon HD Graphics     (4 CPUs), ~3.2GHz

Memory: 8192MB RAM

Available OS Memory: 7576MB RAM

Page File: 3242MB used, 12012MB available

Windows Dir: C:\windows

DirectX Version: DirectX 11

User DPI Setting: Using System DPI

System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)

DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled

DxDiag Version: 6.02.9200.16384 64bit UnicodeTime of this report: 7/10/2013, 00:02:59

Machine name: HP_PAVILION

Operating System: Windows 8 64-bit (6.2, Build 9200) (9200.win8_gdr.130410-1505)

Language: English (Regional Setting: English)

System Manufacturer: Hewlett-Packard

System Model: p7-1534

BIOS: 8.15

Processor: AMD A8-5500 APU with Radeon HD Graphics     (4 CPUs), ~3.2GHz

Memory: 8192MB RAM

Available OS Memory: 7576MB RAM

Page File: 3242MB used, 12012MB available

Windows Dir: C:\windows

DirectX Version: DirectX 11

User DPI Setting: Using System DPI

System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)

DxDiag Version: 6.02.9200.16384 64bit Unicode

Did you use 32 or 64 bit Java? You need to use 32 bit with SkyProc patchers.

What mod manager do you use?

In that case I can see 2 reasons: you either used 64 bit Java and it ran incorrectly or you have installed mods in the incorrect order and the wrong files were overwritten.

Rerun the SkyProc using 32 bit Java and see what happens. If that won't help, ditch NMM and start using Mod Organizer - it is MUCH MUCH MUCH better.