Skyrim stuttering every 10 seconds

DoYouEvenModBro

Question

Well considering you just posted BFS effects aren't working, and then this about stuttering, script-overload sounds like a likely problem

What is script overload? And how do I fix it? I haven't installed anything outside of STEP.

That the papyrus engine gets overloaded from too many scripts trying to run at once and thus fail to execute them in time/at all, but if you have only STEP mods that sounds extremely unlikely unless your CPU is crap

Well then I don't know. Normally stuttering comes from situations where the game is forced to quickly load large textures (you're spinning around etc) or when VRAM is maxed, but since that doesn't seem to be the case I'm at a loss

Well, if you could turn on papyrus logging in skyrim.ini and post (on pastebin preferably) the papyrus log you get from basicly just loading the save and running around for a few second and then exiting the game that might be somewhat useful

Alternatively you can reduce shadow resolution, decal amount... etc. stuff that the CPU handles.

the i5 is not the best multi thread CPU around so the issue could very well be that you just try to execute too many things that require too much of the CPU.

Stuttering is always due to a bottleneck... You might have a high clock speed, but if there are no threads available in the CPU to handle the requests then you will still get stuttering.