SKSE error message on SSE startup

jwgk1

Question

Just ran DYNDOLOD 3.00 Alpha-182.  Seemed to be with no problems, but when I tried to run my game, SKSE2.2.6 returned a fatal error message:

DynDOLOD.DLL: disabled, fatal error occured while loading plugin.

Any suggestions?

bugreport.txt

• Answers 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Posted Images

10 hours ago, jwgk1 said:

Just ran DYNDOLOD 3.00 Alpha-182.  Seemed to be with no problems, but when I tried to run my game, SKSE2.2.6 returned a fatal error message:

DynDOLOD.DLL: disabled, fatal error occured while loading plugin.

Any suggestions?

bugreport.txt 104.96 kB · 0 downloads

Read https://dyndolod.info/Official-DynDOLOD-Support-Forum#Post-Logs which entire DynDOLOD log and debug log to upload when making posts.

Reproduce the entire error message shown when starting the game.

1 hour ago, jwgk1 said:

image.thumb.jpeg.a257dccffd95a502c636df02aaca01dc.jpeg

Requested logs were not provided.
In addition upload the c:\Users\[USERNAME]\Documents\My Games\Skyrim Special Edition\SKSE\skse64.log and DynDOLOD.log if it exists.

This message indicates a wrong version of DynDOLOD DLL for the game runtime version was installed.

https://dyndolod.info/Downloads
SKSE and the DLLs may have different versions for each runtime version of the games. The version of the runtime can be found by right clicking the executable (TESV.exe, SkyrimVR.exe, SkyrimSE.exe), Properties, Details tab and checking the entry for Product Version. In addition, the TexGen and DynDOLOD log will print log lines with version information for the runtime, SKSE and the DLLs.

On 10/15/2024 at 3:31 AM, jwgk1 said:

Sorry, Logs below:

Skyrim.exe version 1.6.1170.0 

DynDOLOD.log skse64.log 11.74 kB · 1 download

Install the latest version of DynDOLOD DLL NG  and Scripts Alpha-33. Delete the old DynDOLOD.log in the SKSE log folder. Then start the game.

If problem persists upload new SKSE64.log and DynDOLOD.log in addition to the DynDOLOD log and debug log as explained in https://dyndolod.info/Official-DynDOLOD-Support-Forum#Post-Logs

Okay. I uninstalled all Dyndolod files. Re downloaded DynDOLOD DLL NG and Scripts 3.00-97720-Alpha-33-1728547525, DynDOLOD Resources SE 3.00-52897-Alpha-53-1-1728557940, and

DynDOLOD 3.00-68518-Alpha-182-1728598274. Installed as per instructions. Ran Texgen. loaded output to game, Ran DynDOLOD, loaded into game. ran game and game load stopped with the afore mentioned error message. log files listed below: 

No debug file was generated for me to upload.

FYI. I bypassed the SKSE error box, game loaded normally. Loaded one of my saves and when load was finished a different error message was displayed for about 10 seconds that said there was a mismatch between DynDOLOD.DLL  and papyrus scripts versions.  On save startup my PC was in an interior space, so I took it outside and, surprisingly, all distant object billboards were displayed properly.

Am totally baffled as to why an error code would be displayed, yet the operation would function flawlessly.

DynDOLOD.log skse64.log

enb2024_10_15_19_40_38.bmp

Edited by jwgk1
Spelling and added on shot of latest warning box

9 hours ago, jwgk1 said:

Okay. I uninstalled all Dyndolod files. Re downloaded DynDOLOD DLL NG and Scripts 3.00-97720-Alpha-33-1728547525, DynDOLOD Resources SE 3.00-52897-Alpha-53-1-1728557940, and

DynDOLOD 3.00-68518-Alpha-182-1728598274. Installed as per instructions. Ran Texgen. loaded output to game, Ran DynDOLOD, loaded into game. ran game and game load stopped with the afore mentioned error message. log files listed below: 

No debug file was generated for me to upload.

FYI. I bypassed the SKSE error box, game loaded normally. Loaded one of my saves and when load was finished a different error message was displayed for about 10 seconds that said there was a mismatch between DynDOLOD.DLL  and papyrus scripts versions.  On save startup my PC was in an interior space, so I took it outside and, surprisingly, all distant object billboards were displayed properly.

Am totally baffled as to why an error code would be displayed, yet the operation would function flawlessly.

DynDOLOD.log skse64.log 146.96 kB · 0 downloads

enb2024_10_15_19_40_38.bmp 334.92 kB · 0 downloads

If you tell SKSE to not load the DLL, then it is missing, not working and thus it does not return its version number, which means it does not match the version number of the papyrus scripts. Dynamic LOD and all the bug fixes etc. done by the DynDOLOD DLL will not work.

Do these things:

1. Delete the old DynDOLOD.log in the SKSE log folder.
The DynDOLOD.log you uploaded is still from the old Alpha-32 that was made when SKSE was able to load the plugin at one point.
If SKSE can not load the DLL it should not be able to create a log.

2. Read https://dyndolod.info/Official-DynDOLOD-Support-Forum#Post-Logs which DynDOLOD log and debug log from the DynDOLOD Standalone installation folder to upload:
..\DynDOLOD\Logs\DynDOLOD_SSE_log.txt - truncate large log files to the entire last meaningful generation, starting with the line DynDOLOD ... starting session
..\DynDOLOD\Logs\[DynDOLOD_SSE_Debug_log.txt
The log and debug log are saved when the program shuts down. Do not interrupt the shut down process so it can write the log files. While the new log is appended to older logs, the debug log is replaced every time. Keep a copy somewhere else for future references if required.

3. Test if the vanilla game with only SKSE64 and only the DynDOLOD.DLL starts without the SKSE error message. Also no DynDOLOD Resources SE, no TexGen output and no DynDOLOD output. No other mods.

7 hours ago, jwgk1 said:

Alright. The engine fixes.dll was not added via a mod so I manually removed it. Ran the game again, same result.

I'm having a hard time understanding what's going on, as I never had this problem with the previous iteration of your marvelous work.

skse64.log 752 B · 1 download

Upload the DynDOLOD log and debug log from the last generation as explained in https://dyndolod.info/Official-DynDOLOD-Support-Forum#Post-Logs.

2 questions now.

1: every file sharing site I've looked at requires a recipient email address or charges $99 or more for use of the service. As a retiree on a fixed income, that option is untenable. 

The only way I could send the entire debug file would be for someone to remove the 4mb ceiling, at least temporarily.

2: If the DynDOLOD.dll is throwing an error in SKSE even without having Resources and Texgen files present in the load order (same error as far as I can see), How can having the debug file point to the cause of the error in the dll? 

I've unloaded and reloaded the DynDOLOD files at least 4 times so far with identical results, and as I've stated previously, I never had a problem with the prior issue of the mod.

1 hour ago, jwgk1 said:

2 questions now.

1: every file sharing site I've looked at requires a recipient email address or charges $99 or more for use of the service. As a retiree on a fixed income, that option is untenable. 

The only way I could send the entire debug file would be for someone to remove the 4mb ceiling, at least temporarily.

2: If the DynDOLOD.dll is throwing an error in SKSE even without having Resources and Texgen files present in the load order (same error as far as I can see), How can having the debug file point to the cause of the error in the dll? 

I've unloaded and reloaded the DynDOLOD files at least 4 times so far with identical results, and as I've stated previously, I never had a problem with the prior issue of the mod.

The explanations I linked several times already and my signature link to a file upload service that is free and does not require a login to upload files. We use it since years.

The debug log contains information about the setup etc.

How do you know there is an error in the DLL? They are used by used by hundreds of thousands of people without issue. Your setup is the only one showing this error. Doesn't mean it won't be possible to add a workaround to whatever is causing this, though.

There is no need to do anything beyond what I asked or requested.