Custom Worldspace is not listed in the "Select Worldspace" Window.

HydraulicPress

Question

Good day everyone,

I am aware that this question is already answered in the FAQ, but for some reason the solutions there do not work for me.

There is a *Worldspace*.lod file in the "lodsettings" folder in the my SE data folder. SSELodGen is picking it up too after I reinstalled Skyrim, though it somehow did not do so before. I am using Mo2 as a mod organiser and have installed the mod through it and after that not working, I manually placed the mod files in the data folder. Both without effect unfortunately.

It is showing up in the Background Loader, not sure If that helps however. I am not sure what else to do.

Any suggestions or ideas?

Thanks in advance, If you need any further information, I will happily provide them.

10 answers to this question

1 hour ago, HydraulicPress said:

Good day everyone,

I am aware that this question is already answered in the FAQ, but for some reason the solutions there do not work for me.

There is a *Worldspace*.lod file in the "lodsettings" folder in the my SE data folder. SSELodGen is picking it up too after I reinstalled Skyrim, though it somehow did not do so before. I am using Mo2 as a mod organiser and have installed the mod through it and after that not working, I manually placed the mod files in the data folder. Both without effect unfortunately.

It is showing up in the Background Loader, not sure If that helps however. I am not sure what else to do.

Any suggestions or ideas?

Thanks in advance, If you need any further information, I will happily provide them.

What tool is it that you have a problem with?

I assume the game is Skyrim Special Edition.

11 minutes ago, HydraulicPress said:

Oh, my bad. DynDOLOD. Yes this is for SSE.

Read https://dyndolod.info/Official-DynDOLOD-Support-Forum#Post-Logs which DynDOLOD log and debug log to upload when making posts.

If I understand correctly, the custom worldspace shows in SSELODGen?

SSELODGen means the latest version of xLODGen from https://stepmodifications.org/forum/topic/13451-xlodgen-terrain-lod-beta-115-for-fnv-fo3-fo4-fo4vr-tes5-sse-tes5vr-enderal-enderalse?

Posted (edited)

Alright, I compiled the logs.

https://ufile.io/clejfh7k

The custom worldspace ("Hweitwik" btw) shows in SSELODGen and I even used it to create LOD for it (though it does not seem to work for the terrain itself - only objects and trees show in the distance - but one issue at a time)
The link you sent is where I downloaded it from.

Edited by HydraulicPress

8 hours ago, HydraulicPress said:

Alright, I compiled the logs.

https://ufile.io/clejfh7k

The custom worldspace ("Hweitwik" btw) shows in SSELODGen and I even used it to create LOD for it (though it does not seem to work for the terrain itself - only objects and trees show in the distance - but one issue at a time)
The link you sent is where I downloaded it from.

The worldspace Hweitwik "Hweitwik" [WRLD:xxCC169D] does not have a persistent cell, which is required for generating LOD with DynDOLOD.

https://dyndolod.info/FAQ#Not-seeing-all-worldspaces-in-the-selection-box
Only worldspaces that have a persistent cell are shown.

If you have a problem with xLODGen generating terrain LOD, upload the SSELODGen_log.txt

13 minutes ago, HydraulicPress said:

I see. How would you set such a persistent cell? Through xEdit? Thank you for pointing me the right way.

You can add it manually via xEdit.

As soon as you start adding references, markers and whatnot, especially once they are properties of scripts for example, CK will set them persistent and create the persistent cell.

Posted (edited)

If I am not mistaken, an .esp file that is included in the modfile has a persistent cell. At least that what I gather from this screenshot, correct me If I am wrong on that.

Does DynDOLOD not pick it up because this information is not part of the esm?

image.png

Edited by HydraulicPress

31 minutes ago, HydraulicPress said:

If I am not mistaken, an .esp file that is included in the modfile has a persistent cell. At least that what I gather from this screenshot, correct me If I am wrong on that.

Does DynDOLOD not pick it up because this information is not part of the esm?

image.png

Yes, for DynDOLOD to list the worldspace, the persistent cell needs to be added by the same plugin that also adds the worldspace.