Why DynDOLOD EXE can't be placed in document, program files, etc.?

marble_soda

Question

I saw that on the guide and it got me curious. Why is not allowed to place the .exe in documents or program files? Is there a specific reason?

I don't mind if it's a technical thing, I was just curious, I'm not asking for that to change, it just got me wondering. For program files I'm guessing is something about the folder requiring administrator permission to modify files which would cause trouble when generating files and configurations. I can't figure out why not the user folder, is because of windows folder aliases or there is something else?

1 answer to this question

6 hours ago, marble_soda said:

I saw that on the guide and it got me curious. Why is not allowed to place the .exe in documents or program files? Is there a specific reason?

I don't mind if it's a technical thing, I was just curious, I'm not asking for that to change, it just got me wondering. For program files I'm guessing is something about the folder requiring administrator permission to modify files which would cause trouble when generating files and configurations. I can't figure out why not the user folder, is because of windows folder aliases or there is something else?

Do not install into any special Windows folders to avoid issues with UAC, Anti-vir, OneDrive, etc.