Distant DetailHF and BirdsHF clean - Cleaning dirty edits causes CTD

Synixtrix

Question

I have STEP 2.2.4 installed - I have cleaned the BOSS reported dirty edits/ITMs in all apart from "Distant DetailHF" and "BirdsHF clean".

Both report dirty edits and when cleaned they cause CTD.

After cleaning they both have a X in the flag column, and after removing the Mods the DistantDetailHF.esp and the birdsHFclean.esp files remain and there is no way to delete them, they have to be hidden in the Data tab to get rid of them before reinstalling, if I dont hide them I get 2 copies of the .esp files.

Are these 2 files not supposed to be cleaned?  

Is anyone else having these issues?

Is there another thread dealing with this that I can't find?

Edit: I assume it has something to do with being dependant on HearthFire, as when I clean them more edits are reported deleted/cleaned than there are ITM's.

I told you that I had about 3Gb in that area as well, but stability was fine for me... Others might have as well! ¨

But that area is

A: Wooded, they always have more stuff, and hence higher memory requirements.

B: It is near varying vegetation, and climate so there is even more stuff that needs to be loaded.

Well the log would note down any scripts... so if a script error pops up for a mod you no longer have on your list then yes. However the log is normally REALLY REALLY long and hard to find around in.

I'm interested to see if a fresh install of STEP and a new GPU (RMAd mine because I was having problems) will help stabilize my game when I try again.