Serana "come with me" follower glitch

bpr5016

Question

I was playing through some of the dawnguard quest line and told Serana to wait while I did some sneaky business. When I was done I went to retrieve her and there was no dialogue option to have her follow me again! So I did some looking online and found this fix (which worked):

"To bring back the "Come with me" dialogue after dismissing Serana, enter the code sqv DLC1NPCMentalModel in the console. You are given a long list of information. Scroll down the list using the up and down arrows, and make sure that the following codes: CanFollow_var = True / IsFollowing_var = False / IsWaiting_var = True / TurnOffComeWithMe_var = False / LockedIn_var = False are in order by looking at the false/true (i.e., if LockedIn_var was set to true then you need to put it to false). To do this, enter the following command: setpqv DLC1NPCMentalModel LockedIn_var False. Once you do this you should be able to recruit Serana to be your follower again."

Hope this helps anyone who finds themselves in a similar situation!

1 answer to this question

On 3/27/2013 at 6:23 AM, bpr5016 said:

I was playing through some of the dawnguard quest line and told Serana to wait while I did some sneaky business. When I was done I went to retrieve her and there was no dialogue option to have her follow me again! So I did some looking online and found this fix (which worked):

"To bring back the "Come with me" dialogue after dismissing Serana, enter the code sqv DLC1NPCMentalModel in the console. You are given a long list of information. Scroll down the list using the up and down arrows, and make sure that the following codes: CanFollow_var = True / IsFollowing_var = False / IsWaiting_var = True / TurnOffComeWithMe_var = False / LockedIn_var = False are in order by looking at the false/true (i.e., if LockedIn_var was set to true then you need to put it to false). To do this, enter the following command: setpqv DLC1NPCMentalModel LockedIn_var False. Once you do this you should be able to recruit Serana to be your follower again."

Hope this helps anyone who finds themselves in a similar situation!

This didn't help me (Lydia refusing to follow me, she just ignores the "Follow Me" command.  Just reformatting text to make it readable:

To bring back the "Come with me" dialogue after dismissing Serana (or whichever companion giving you trouble),

• enter the code sqv DLC1NPCMentalModel in the console.

You are given a long list of information. Scroll down the list using the page_up and Page_down  and make sure that the following codes:

• CanFollow_var = True
  • IsFollowing_var = False
  • IsWaiting_var = True
  • TurnOffComeWithMe_var = False
  • LockedIn_var = False

are in order by looking at the false/true (i.e., if LockedIn_var was set to true then you need to put it to false). To do this, enter the following command:

• setpqv DLC1NPCMentalModel LockedIn_var False.

Once you do this you should be able to recruit Serana to be your follower again