Broken Bashed Patch? (Can not copy from WayshrinesIFT)

UltraHex

Question

DynDOLOD errors out with my bashed patch enabled but works fine without it. Kinda need a bashed patch though. I've tried rebuilding the patch several times and SSEEdit reports no errors in the patch. Weird thing is the error comes from WayshrinesIFT.esp (also no errors according to SSEEdit):

[Window Title]
DynDOLOD

[Main Instruction]
Can not copy WS_WayshrineBR [REFR:63068929] (places WS_Wayshrine [ACTI:63005734] in GRUP Cell Persistent Children of [CELL:0002D4E0] (in Blackreach "Blackreach" [WRLD:0001EE62]) at 4,3) from WayshrinesIFT.esp into DynDOLOD.esp.

[Content]
Assertion failure (C:\Delphi\Projects\DynDOLOD3\Core\wbImplementation.pas, line 15035) WayshrinesIFT.esp WS_WayshrineBR [REFR:63068929] (places WS_Wayshrine [ACTI:63005734] in GRUP Cell Persistent Children of [CELL:0002D4E0] (in Blackreach "Blackreach" [WRLD:0001EE62]) at 4,3)

The offending record has no other overrides in my load order. I'm quite confused by this.

Any insight or advice would be much appreciated. Let me know if there's any more information I can provide. (Log attached)

DynDOLOD_SSE_log.txt

7 answers to this question

3 hours ago, UltraHex said:

DynDOLOD errors out with my bashed patch enabled but works fine without it. Kinda need a bashed patch though. I've tried rebuilding the patch several times and SSEEdit reports no errors in the patch. Weird thing is the error comes from WayshrinesIFT.esp (also no errors according to SSEEdit):

[Window Title]
DynDOLOD

[Main Instruction]
Can not copy WS_WayshrineBR [REFR:63068929] (places WS_Wayshrine [ACTI:63005734] in GRUP Cell Persistent Children of [CELL:0002D4E0] (in Blackreach "Blackreach" [WRLD:0001EE62]) at 4,3) from WayshrinesIFT.esp into DynDOLOD.esp.

[Content]
Assertion failure (C:\Delphi\Projects\DynDOLOD3\Core\wbImplementation.pas, line 15035) WayshrinesIFT.esp WS_WayshrineBR [REFR:63068929] (places WS_Wayshrine [ACTI:63005734] in GRUP Cell Persistent Children of [CELL:0002D4E0] (in Blackreach "Blackreach" [WRLD:0001EE62]) at 4,3)

The offending record has no other overrides in my load order. I'm quite confused by this.

Any insight or advice would be much appreciated. Let me know if there's any more information I can provide. (Log attached)

DynDOLOD_SSE_log.txt 464.67 kB · 0 downloads

Read https://dyndolod.info/Official-DynDOLOD-Support-Forum#Post-Logs which entire log and debug log to upload when making posts. As explained, the log starts with "... starting session".

https://dyndolod.info/Messages/Can-Not-Copy-Record
Look up all the records from the error message by their form ID in xEdit. Typically the error is triggered by the last plugin to overwrite one of the listed records - even if everything appears to look OK on first glace.

If the record itself has no overwrites, check the CELL and WRLD records, in particular in the bashed patch.

Provide screenshot of the record(s) and xEdit. Which Wrye Bash version.

Nothing sticks out. Would like to see the content of the persistent cell for the patched and also Block 0,0; Sub-Block 0,0.

Test what happens if you right click the reference in xEdit and "copy as override into" a new plugin.

Try this:
Test the problem happens when only selecting the Blackreach worldspace to speed up tests.
Make a backup of the patch.
Right click remove everything but the Worldspace and everything in it from the patch
Clean masters
Test if problem still happens.
Make backup.
Right click remove all Blocks and only keep the persistent cell.
If problem does not happen, restore backup and remove persistent cell instead, test and then remove half the blocks, then sub-blocks, then cells, then references at a time, restore backup if problem goes and remove other half, repeat until only one cell or reference remains.
If problem happens only with the persistent cell, test if removing all references makes a difference. If it does, again remove half until you have one left.
Once you it narrowed down and the source of the problem does not seem obvious, clean masters again and upload the patch.

Note: I realized I forgot to set up my NPC plugins properly so my load order has changed slightly and the patch rebuilt but the error still occurs.

Bashed patch does not contain a persistent cell for Blackreach.
Bashed patch only contains Block 0, 0 \ Sub-Block 0, 0 \ 0002D4E0 for Blackreach.

SSEEdit has no issues copying Wayshrines xx068929 to a new plugin.

The problem indeed still happens when only selecting the Blackreach worldspace. Very helpful.

Screenshots of the Blackreach records from Wayshrines and Bashed Patch are attached.

Will attempt additional tests later.

Bashed Patch Blackreach.png

Wayshrines Blackreach.png

Test Results:

Plugin
Bashed Patch, 0 - Original.esp
DynDOLOD
Failed
Bashed Patch, 0 - Worldspaces Only.esp Failed
Bashed Patch, 0 - Blackreach Only.esp Failed
Bashed Patch, 0 - No Worldspaces.esp Succeded
Bashed Patch, 0 - No Blackreach.esp Succeded
Bashed Patch, 0 - No 0002D4E0.esp Succeded

This confirms record 0002D4E0 in the Bashed Patch is causing the problem.

So... the lighting template?

Edited by UltraHex

I think I solved it.

Wrye Bash put record 0002D4E0 in the wrong location in the plugin. It should have been the persistent cell but WB put it at 0, 0; 0, 0; 0, 0.

After Manually recreating the record in the correct place, DynDOLOD has completed successfully with all worldspaces enabled.

Yay!