Dyndolod - Set full lod flag disables a reference when the cell is loaded

Lance_geis

Question

Hello,

As the title suggests, i have a problem with a reference : 0006e0dd ; DirtCliffsCornerOut01FieldGrass01; model is dirtcliffcornerout01.nif

The lod is visible at long range. Whenever a new cell is loaded by walking, this reference disappears in this new loaded cell. If i save and load this save, the reference is active and visible.

If the flag "full lod" is removed, the reference works as expected and is bugless.

The only mod that modifies this base reference in my loader is majestic mountain, but it doesnt seem to be related. Another mod is lightened skyrim but it targets 2 placed dirtcliff in whiterun world and disables them, nothing else, so it shouldnt affect lod in other areas....

Any fix outside of removing the flag? or an explanation?

Another problem i have, 5 trees lod in my whole game do not disappear at close range and are stacked on top of the full model, i do not use 3d lod tree with normal tree lod, so it's not the issue. It only happens for some pine trees, always the same base reference. i really do not understand this one. My loader is cleaned (i havent cleaned master thoo, shall i?), but there is some tree duplicated reference according to xlodgen

thank for taking the time to read this.

Edited by Lance_geis

12 answers to this question

edit, as i cannot edit my main post anymore:

the culprit was majestic landscape (not majestic mountain, i use both and mm doesnt change this reference, it was my mistake)

it changes the bound object item to 0, by putting back the vanilla values, it fixes the problem. i will report this to majestic landscape author.

For the lod tree, i dunno :p

No logs, no information, no screenshots https://dyndolod.info/Official-DynDOLOD-Support-Forum

0006e0dd  is a base record and not a reference.

What plugin sets the IsFullLOD flag and why? isn't it removed by DynDOLOD?
Was there a log message like base record has 0 object bounds?

See https://dyndolod.info/FAQ "Billboard tree LOD shows in active exterior cells"

Hi sheson, thank for the answer.

The base record (not the reference sorry) is modified by majestic landscape, the bounds were set to 0 instead of vanilla value. With vanilla values it doesnt happen anymore.

high quality non dynamic lod with dyndolod sets the base record of many cliffs to full lod.

So it's a bug with majestic landscape and not dyndolod itself. ML' author is aware of this and will fix it soon.

Edited by Lance_geis

6l1PMLVO_o.png

^ high quality preset selected, it's what i meant with high quality without dynamic lod box checked.

t9E8DIOf_o.png

no warning about object bound in  the logs, some stuff that i need to fix thoo. it's in the archive linked below if you really want.

lod is functional

36juYR5w_o.png

cliff disappears when cell is loaded.

XoTObkK7_o.png

When vanilla object bound values of this base  are put in dyndolod.esp that received the values of majectic landscape, the cliff reappears when we enter the cell

not a bug in dyndolod itself.

For the trees, i reworked my loaded order i will check if it still happen.

log.7z

Edited by Lance_geis

This bug related to large references is automatically fixed by DynDOLOD when generating dynamic LOD. A silent log message is written to the debug log in that case.

Since you did not check dynamic LOD, there is no automatic fix but also no warning message. Future versions will fix regardless of the dynamic LOD option.