Singular textures.?

1990srider

Question

So I do understand that Dyndolod combines textures for the lods to save optimization and performance. Is there a way to get the program to allow the models being generated to be allowed to use their original singular textures? To were if In nifskope I click one mesh or trishape, then look at it's texture path and it's pointing at the original game texture, Instead of the new ones generated by Dyndolod.

The reason I'm ask a lot of weird questions is I'm using Dyndolod to smash together meshes in a mod I'm working on that uses a lot of smaller objects. Using Dyndolod is allowing to then use the full mesh of each object merged into a singular nif or bro file. I then use this file in blender edit and edit it to where it is its own model. But it would save time with some editing if I could find a way for Dyndolod when generation begins to use the original textures or .dds files instead of it merging them together and using its own. The meshes I'm making are large and cover a large area. Doing it this way saves a lot of time. So I'm curious if this can be done using Dyndolod.

6 answers to this question

1 hour ago, 1990srider said:

So I do understand that Dyndolod combines textures for the lods to save optimization and performance. Is there a way to get the program to allow the models being generated to be allowed to use their original singular textures? To were if In nifskope I click one mesh or trishape, then look at it's texture path and it's pointing at the original game texture, Instead of the new ones generated by Dyndolod.

The reason I'm ask a lot of weird questions is I'm using Dyndolod to smash together meshes in a mod I'm working on that uses a lot of smaller objects. Using Dyndolod is allowing to then use the full mesh of each object merged into a singular nif or bro file. I then use this file in blender edit and edit it to where it is its own model. But it would save time with some editing if I could find a way for Dyndolod when generation begins to use the original textures or .dds files instead of it merging them together and using its own. The meshes I'm making are large and cover a large area. Doing it this way saves a lot of time. So I'm curious if this can be done using Dyndolod.

You can try adding CreateObjectLODAtlasMap=0 to ..\DynDOLOD\Edit Scripts\DynDOLOD\DynDOLOD_SSE.ini
Then no object LOD atlas texture is created and the original textures will be kept.

If you remove the line starting with TextureAtlasMap= from the export file (..\DynDOLOD\Edit Scripts\Export\LODGen_[Game MODE]_Export_[Worldspace name].txt) and then Execute LODGEn in expert mode shouldhave the same effect. It will still merge all shapes that share the same shader/texture. Set DontMergeShapes=True and each shape will stay separate.

You can also create your own export file manually instead of using DynDOLOD and just start execute LODGen via a bat.
See ..\DynDOLOD\docs\trees.ultra\tools\re-uv\merge.bat and merge.txt with minimal content. The first 3 0.0 are the position (translation), the next 3 0.0 are the rotation and the 1.0 is the scale. The first two 0 are meaningless in this context.

44 minutes ago, 1990srider said:

Would I add this line to  (..\DynDOLOD\Edit Scripts\Export\LODGen_[Game MODE]_Export_[Worldspace name].txt)  or add it to DynDOLOD_SSE.ini

The other question is would I do anything to the textgen?

That line is in the mentioned export files already. In case the export file has been created by DynDOLOD it is set to False.

TexGen generates single LOD textures and billboards. Those seem not to be relevant in this context.

I appreciate this. Ill take a look tonight. this sounds like it should work even if I cant get the single textures to work. Just the fact of separate parts work as long as their all connected to what texture they would go to. This will work out greatly as well. Thanks again

13 hours ago, sheson said:

Set DontMergeShapes=True and each shape will stay separate.

Would I add this line to  (..\DynDOLOD\Edit Scripts\Export\LODGen_[Game MODE]_Export_[Worldspace name].txt)  or add it to DynDOLOD_SSE.ini

The other question is would I do anything to the textgen?