No object LODs visible - only tree LODs

ISC_

Question

Hi everyone,

Another strange issue. After running DynDOLOD I get no object LODs, only tree LODs. This did not use to be the case just two days ago and I can't figure out what changed since. With no DynDOLOD output activated in MO2, vanilla LODs are visible. I get LOD meshes in the terrain folder which looks fine in Nifskope as far as I can tell. DynDOLOD 2&3 and using a default .ini give the same results. After a bunch of fiddling and searching, I'm clueless. What could be the issue here?

Thanks so much for your time!

4 answers to this question

fLODFadeOutMultObjects is at 30 and I'm not using SSE FPS Stabilizer. Maybe I used the wrong terminology though, nothing except trees and terrain has LOD.

I just tried LOD creation for a vanilla game with no mods, same issue, naked mountains and nothing but trees around.

The setting fLODFadeOutMultObjects has nothing to do with static LOD outside the load cells.

I obviously mean the settings for object LOD as explained in the DynDOLOD manual, under [Terrain Manager] fBlock* in SkyimPrefs.INI, which can be changed in the DynDOLOD SkyUI MCM settings page.

If the BTO are fine checking them in NifSkope, then generating different  BTO that are also fine is not going to change anything.

Make sure you run the tools in the right game mode, so the generated meshes have the correct NIF version.

Yeah, I assumed so, but I realize there are a lot of aspects about the settings that I don't understand. fBlock didn't make any difference either, but I finally figured it out by brute force testing. Realized the vanilla test profile was still using modified ini files and without them object LODs worked fine. Systematically deleted chunks of settings until I identified the .ini setting that caused it - uLockedObjectMapLOD=32 - which I added to prevent trees on the world map. Unsure of why that prevented all object LODs outside of the map, but at least the issue is resolved.

Thanks again for your time Sheson!