How to skip LOD4/8 when generating trees billboard

wolf7808

Question

I want to install 3d trees and plants. I generated 3d trees object for LOD4/8. For LOD 16/32 i want use billboards. When I generate them, I got lod4-32 billboards. So, on LOD4/8 I see billboard and 3d object on the same place. How I can skip generating billboards on LOD4/8 ?

Edited by wolf7808

3 answers to this question

Read ..\DynDOLOD\Docs\trees.ultra\DynDOLOD-Trees.html and how to enable ultra tree LOD generation and how to set the tree mesh rule.

Set the tree mesh rule at the bottom of the advanced options to Static LOD4 for the LOD Levels that should have 3D LOD tree LOD models and set the other levels to Billboard. Then generate object/dynamic LOD with DynDOLOD as usual.

Skyrim typically does not have object LOD Level 32.

On 3/9/2021 at 9:44 AM, sheson said:

Read ..\DynDOLOD\Docs\trees.ultra\DynDOLOD-Trees.html and how to enable ultra tree LOD generation and how to set the tree mesh rule.

Set the tree mesh rule at the bottom of the advanced options to Static LOD4 for the LOD Levels that should have 3D LOD tree LOD models and set the other levels to Billboard. Then generate object/dynamic LOD with DynDOLOD as usual.

Skyrim typically does not have object LOD Level 32.

Is it possible to do with xLODGen?  Set other rule for LOD8/16 ?

444.png

The answer to can X be done for tree or object LOD generation with xLODGen in these cases is: yes, it already has been implemented into its advanced version called DynDOLOD.

What is DynDOLOD?

CK/xLODGen LOD generation does not have such rules.

Make sure to read the manual and follow the instructions properly. Populate the rules by clicking either the low, medium or high button. The \ rule should be the last, since as it says on top, order matters. The \ matches everything for which a LOD model exists, thus the rule for "tree" might never be used for anything.