Dyndolod LE not working after installing 3d tree lods

Dabeasttv367

Question

Hello,

So I'm on LE with no DLC, and ive been using DynDOLOD for a while now, and I just wanna say that it is a great mod. I really love it. Ok, I've been using 2d tree lods for a while now, and finally decided it was time to make the switch to 3d. I changed the tree lod data thing, set generate tree lod to 0, all the usual, I made sure I did everything per the instructions. I ran tex gen and then dyndolod like I always do. When I launched the game, I was amazed at how great it looked. It looked as if trees were loading from all distances. Then I noticed something. those 3d tree lods were the ONLY thing being generated. All other distant detail was gone, and my custom mountain mod that changes the color of the mountains no longer had any matching mountain lods. The marsh area now looks terrible, dyndolod essentially now has no effect other than trees. I even reran it multiple times. What did I do wrong? My tree mod is EVT.

6 answers to this question

Ultra tree LOD is done in object LOD. One can not work without the other. If object LOD looked and work correctly before, just setting treelod=0 shouldn't change it.

Well it did. I don't really know what happened but it isnt working, https://i.imgur.com/6KQHXJb.jpg this is the image i followed to do 3d tree lods

Edited by Dabeasttv367

Obviously something else must have changed between the last time you generated LOD.

For example, if you have custom mountain LOD textures installed, they are used regardless of the TreeLOD INI setting.

Which means, if the generated LOD does not use the custom mountain LOD textures, then they are not installed anymore / being overwritten by other textures. Again, regardless of the TreeLOD INI setting.

Obviously something else must have changed between the last time you generated LOD.

For example, if you have custom mountain LOD textures installed, they are used regardless of the TreeLOD INI setting.

Which means, if the generated LOD does not use the custom mountain LOD textures, then they are not installed anymore / being overwritten by other textures. Again, regardless of the TreeLOD INI setting.

Hold on, am I even supposed to follow the directions in the image I sent? or just set the ini settings?

I just checked my files, the lods are there. Also, the 3d tree lods only load in an extremely short distance. When i'm at parthunaax and look down at ivarstead, only the trees surrounding the village are visible, everything past it is just an empty field. I have no Idea whats going on, all I know is that once the tree lod is set to 0, nothing else works. even the trees have some problems.

Read the included manual and follow its instructions. ..\DynDOLOD\Docs\trees.ultra\DynDOLOD-Trees.html explains the ultra tree LOD in detail. Set TreeLOD=0 in the INI and set the tree mesh rule to Static LOD4. Obviously Generate static LOD needs to be checked as well.

If LOD distances are short, use the DynDOLOD SkyUI MCM Settings page to increase them.

Other than that, obviously pay attention to all log messages.