Very strange bug (stutter every one second)

TioDrakul

Question

Hello, I've had this weird bug for some time now and I decided to ask for help.

Firstly, I would like to point out that my INI configuration is correct and working, that I do not have or should have problems with VRAM (RTX 2080Ti 11GB) and as far as I know I ran dyndoload installation without errors.

The error in question is a strange stutter that repeats approximately once per second, as if once per second the game would stop to do something and then continue. I have found that the problem is caused by Dyndolod, to be exact being something related to the files in the Data/Meshes/Terrain/WorldName¹ folder, if experimentally I delete the directory "WorldName" the stutter stops happening. As example, I have the once per second stutter in Solstheim and it stops if I delete the folder "DLC2SolstheimWorld". It should also be noted that the stutter happens even though I stand still in one place without moving.

Also, if I look into the ENB status (profiler), I noticed that for some reason dyndolod causes ENB to keep loading textures at a constant rate, the "textures of valid data size" parameter keeps incrementing and then, once per second, the ENB unloads something and I think this is the cause of the stutter. And the most interesting thing is that it doesn't happen in Tamriel's worldspace, only in DLCs or mods worldspaces.

In short, something in the "terrain" files generated by dyndolod is causing this problem and I would like to know if it was something that I would have forgotten to configure in dyndolod or if it was a bug there.

¹ The name of the worldspace: For example "Tamriel", "DLC2SolstheimWorld", etc

Okay, I tried the provided objects and they cause CTD if used. Is that what you expected to happen?

I was also thinking that you gave me a good clue as to what might be happening... If the BTOs under 2kb serve to remove obsolete meshes or meshes that should not be there, then probably in some of the areas covered by the files I may have some mod that inserts a mesh and when that mod realizes that the mesh has been removed then he would try to put it back (and then the BTO may try to remove again, and the mod put it back in, looping and causing the stutter).

I hoped they might work out for you.

Either way, overwriting does not work that way. The engine only loads the last file to win. Remember, the empty files created by LODGen work fine since several years. Something else must be happening as well.

BTW, there are also a few in Tamriel worldspace, way up north at the world edge of the sea. 

I would still like to know if you see the problem with a minimal load order, say just the DLC, unofficial path etc.

If all else fails, you can just remove them.

Edited by sheson