Error: Executing TexConv returned error FAILED [compress] (8007000e)

BONK1

Question

• Answers 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Posted Images

So as another update, I ran everything on the medium setting level. My hunch is that by breaking up the worldspace generation and updating the .esm and .esp that was somehow breaking them, so I ran it in a way that wouldn't cause that issue. After processing everything without issue I don't have those errors anymore. If I could run the Tamriel worldspace last I think I would be able to get around my memory issues, but I haven't seen anything in the forums that tells me how to do that.

This is the bug report from the latest

https://pastebin.com/6RWTTNy4

Previously it was access violation errors when trying to run DynDOLOD while following the instructions for Open Cities (on the first step) so I uninstalled Open Cities, reran Texgen, and tried to Dyndolod like normal but this error came up. Other than removing Open Cities completely from my LO it is the same. I ran Dyndolod successfully two days ago with the same LO and it was successful but I discovered I had done it wrong for Open Cities so I went to run it again properly for Open Cities and ran into the access violation, got fed up trying to troubleshoot, and deleted Open Cities hoping that running Dyndolod like normal would go without a hitch. It did not.

Posting to forums is something I only do after exhausting every possibility I know of as well as what I can find on Google. But I am at my wits end. Also most of the time the error comes up when DynDOLOD is working on Wyrmstooth but I tried removing that and it did it with Helgen Reborn so I added them back and removed Open Cities, rerunning Texgen/Dyndolod from scratch each time. I am using DynDOLODx64 and Texgenx64 and running them as admin.

That's all the info I can think of to provide. I'd be grateful for any help you can give

Indeed it seems texconv fails on a texture

[13:07]  FAILED [decompress] (8007000E: Le risorse di memoria disponibili insufficienti per completare l'operazione.)
[13:08] Error: Texconv error 8007000E textures\wizkid pole\wiz_pole_06_rock_n.dds "D:\SKYRIM TOOLS\DynDOLOD 3.00\DynDOLOD\Edit Scripts\Texconvx64.exe" -nologo -y -m 1 -aw 256 -f R8G8B8A8_UNORM -o "C:\Users\Mangus\AppData\Local\Temp\DynDOLOD_SSE" "C:\Users\Mangus\AppData\Local\Temp\DynDOLOD_SSE\8DCA575F94F5432EB28FA814E893BDB8.dds"

I found another response of yours suggesting to run the command manually but I can't for some reason, or I'm dumb

C:\Windows> "D:\SKYRIM TOOLS\DynDOLOD 3.00\DynDOLOD\Edit Scripts\Texconvx64.exe" -nologo -y -f BC7_UNORM -bcquick -o "D:\SKYRIM TOOLS\DynDOLOD 3.00"  "C:\Users\Mangus\Desktop\Nuova cartella (2)\wiz_pole_06_rock_n.dds"
In riga:1 car:70
+ ... S\DynDOLOD 3.00\DynDOLOD\Edit Scripts\Texconvx64.exe" -nologo -y -f B ...
+                                                           ~~~~~~~
Token '-nologo' imprevisto nell'espressione o nell'istruzione.
In riga:1 car:78
+ ... ynDOLOD 3.00\DynDOLOD\Edit Scripts\Texconvx64.exe" -nologo -y -f BC7_ ...
+                                                                ~~
Token '-y' imprevisto nell'espressione o nell'istruzione.
    + CategoryInfo          : ParserError: (:) [], ParentContainsErrorRecordException
    + FullyQualifiedErrorId : UnexpectedToken

Sorry for the Italian language. Fact is, that texture belongs to Lanterns of Skyrim II , a very popular mod, and I never had problems before.

texconv runs out of memory while decompress it. Should not be a problem of the texture, but I somewhat end with no RAM left.

have to say that I run Dyndolod before easy with the same load order (minus the New season stuff),  No idea of what is happening 

Thank you for your help and work

On 2/17/2022 at 10:10 PM, manguz said:

Indeed it seems texconv fails on a texture

[13:07]  FAILED [decompress] (8007000E: Le risorse di memoria disponibili insufficienti per completare l'operazione.)
[13:08] Error: Texconv error 8007000E textures\wizkid pole\wiz_pole_06_rock_n.dds "D:\SKYRIM TOOLS\DynDOLOD 3.00\DynDOLOD\Edit Scripts\Texconvx64.exe" -nologo -y -m 1 -aw 256 -f R8G8B8A8_UNORM -o "C:\Users\Mangus\AppData\Local\Temp\DynDOLOD_SSE" "C:\Users\Mangus\AppData\Local\Temp\DynDOLOD_SSE\8DCA575F94F5432EB28FA814E893BDB8.dds"

I found another response of yours suggesting to run the command manually but I can't for some reason, or I'm dumb

C:\Windows> "D:\SKYRIM TOOLS\DynDOLOD 3.00\DynDOLOD\Edit Scripts\Texconvx64.exe" -nologo -y -f BC7_UNORM -bcquick -o "D:\SKYRIM TOOLS\DynDOLOD 3.00"  "C:\Users\Mangus\Desktop\Nuova cartella (2)\wiz_pole_06_rock_n.dds"
In riga:1 car:70
+ ... S\DynDOLOD 3.00\DynDOLOD\Edit Scripts\Texconvx64.exe" -nologo -y -f B ...
+                                                           ~~~~~~~
Token '-nologo' imprevisto nell'espressione o nell'istruzione.
In riga:1 car:78
+ ... ynDOLOD 3.00\DynDOLOD\Edit Scripts\Texconvx64.exe" -nologo -y -f BC7_ ...
+                                                                ~~
Token '-y' imprevisto nell'espressione o nell'istruzione.
    + CategoryInfo          : ParserError: (:) [], ParentContainsErrorRecordException
    + FullyQualifiedErrorId : UnexpectedToken

Sorry for the Italian language. Fact is, that texture belongs to Lanterns of Skyrim II , a very popular mod, and I never had problems before.

texconv runs out of memory while decompress it. Should not be a problem of the texture, but I somewhat end with no RAM left.

have to say that I run Dyndolod before easy with the same load order (minus the New season stuff),  No idea of what is happening 

Thank you for your help and work

Read https://dyndolod.info/Official-DynDOLOD-Support-Forum#Post-Logs which log and debug log to upload when making posts.

Does the texture load in an image viewer and looks normal?

As https://dyndolod.info/Help/Texconv explains for 8007000E Out of memory, https://stepmodifications.org/forum/topic/14073-error-executing-texconv-returned-error-failed-compress-8007000eSee proper command line arguments for texconv at https://github.com/Microsoft/DirectXTex/wiki/Texconv

You can remove the -nologo, it is not important for testing.
You can remove the -y if the output directory does not contain the texture yet (it will tell you use -y to force overwrite in case it does).

Edit ..\DynDOLOD\Edit Scripts\DynDOLOD\DynDOLOD_SSE.ini in notepad and add a line LockTexconv=1, see if that makes a difference.

On 2/17/2022 at 10:57 PM, sheson said:

Read https://dyndolod.info/Official-DynDOLOD-Support-Forum#Post-Logs which log and debug log to upload when making posts.

Does the texture load in an image viewer and looks normal?

As https://dyndolod.info/Help/Texconv explains for 8007000E Out of memory, 

See proper command line arguments for texconv at https://github.com/Microsoft/DirectXTex/wiki/Texconv

You can remove the -nologo, it is not important for testing.
You can remove the -y if the output directory does not contain the texture yet (it will tell you use -y to force overwrite in case it does).

Edit ..\DynDOLOD\Edit Scripts\DynDOLOD\DynDOLOD_SSE.ini in notepad and add a line LockTexconv=1, see if that makes a difference.

Hi Sheson, I successfully build dyndolod

Added LockTexconv=1as you said but I don't think Texconv is to blame.

This time I started with an unloaded system, just rebooted, and for some reasons the first lodgen default generation ended before the other started so I ended up having only 3 lodgen running at time. Each lodgen process took 7Gb of ram., but it managed to end.

I suspect that in loaded systems or with less ram texconv will simply run OOM sometimes on some random texture operation.

I used basically default dyndolod settings, with ultra trees, occlusion seasons and all the rest. The entire process took 45 minutes.

Hope this helps, thank you for your great work and help

1 hour ago, manguz said:

Hi Sheson, I successfully build dyndolod

Added LockTexconv=1as you said but I don't think Texconv is to blame.

This time I started with an unloaded system, just rebooted, and for some reasons the first lodgen default generation ended before the other started so I ended up having only 3 lodgen running at time. Each lodgen process took 7Gb of ram., but it managed to end.

I suspect that in loaded systems or with less ram texconv will simply run OOM sometimes on some random texture operation.

I used basically default dyndolod settings, with ultra trees, occlusion seasons and all the rest. The entire process took 45 minutes.

Hope this helps, thank you for your great work and help

Unfortunately you never uploaded any of the logs and debug logs.

Only allowing one texconv at time helps with its VRAM and memory usage not getting in the way of each other.

Do not disable virtual memory, leave the default settings so the OS controls it.

2 hours ago, sheson said:

Unfortunately you never uploaded any of the logs and debug logs

yeah, sorry for that. I had file paging disabled btw, probably because I'm quite dumb sometimes.

Again thank you for what you do

edit:

it works flawlessly :biggrin:

Edited by manguz

when I'm using texgen after about 6~7 minutes I get the message ''removing temporary files'' and the installation ends and is incomplete, it always took about 30 to 45 minutes, I've tried disabling mods but nothing works,

it didn't happen this in alpha 71, but I don't have this version anymore

On 2/24/2022 at 3:14 PM, sheson said:

Are you complimenting on the speed improvements or trying to report a problem?

Read the change log. Read the first post, follow its advice and suggestions.

Check the log messages for errors or warnings to know if there are problems or not.

what I meant is that until alpha 71 texgen it always took about 25~40 minutes to finish, now it only takes 7 and doesn't complete all the textures, and when I go to run dyndolod I get this error ''[14: 09] Error: Texconv error 8007000E textures\lod\fieldgrass01lod.dds "D:\Your Modding Folder\Tools\Dyndolod\DynDOLOD\Edit Scripts\Texconvx64.exe" -nologo -y -m 1 -aw 256 -f R8G8B8A8_UNORM -o "C:\Users\mathe\AppData\Local\Temp\DynDOLOD_SSE" "C:\Users\mathe\AppData\Local\Temp\DynDOLOD_SSE\7886A6964D7840F8BE3564EE17471A22.dds"

sorry English is not my main language

TexGen_SSE_log.txt

6 hours ago, Mattweenx10x said:

what I meant is that until alpha 71 texgen it always took about 25~40 minutes to finish, now it only takes 7 and doesn't complete all the textures, and when I go to run dyndolod I get this error ''[14: 09] Error: Texconv error 8007000E textures\lod\fieldgrass01lod.dds "D:\Your Modding Folder\Tools\Dyndolod\DynDOLOD\Edit Scripts\Texconvx64.exe" -nologo -y -m 1 -aw 256 -f R8G8B8A8_UNORM -o "C:\Users\mathe\AppData\Local\Temp\DynDOLOD_SSE" "C:\Users\mathe\AppData\Local\Temp\DynDOLOD_SSE\7886A6964D7840F8BE3564EE17471A22.dds"

sorry English is not my main language

Read the first post which log and debug log and bugreport.txt to upload if it exists.

See https://dyndolod.info/Help/Texconv

8007000E means Texconv ran out of memory. Let the OS handle virtual memory settings. Check this thread.

Use sane texture resolutions.

6 hours ago, Mattweenx10x said:

The last session in the log shows that TexGen ran without problems. There were no errors.

What textures do you believe are not generated but should have?

Use legal version of the game.