Recomendations instead of UFO?

wolmarc

Question

Hi! I used to use UFO, but dont see it in STEP and will not install much of anything without the approval of STEP since I havent found any stability apart from it.

Q: I want to use something like UFO to control certain aspects of my followers that UFO provides, but dont want to introduce any unneccesary scritps; can anyone please guide me to how to use the console that these scripts must use in order to openactorcontainer 1 and make them use a certain armor instead of what their assigned armor was. Stuff like that must be in a script somewhere for these follower contols and I'd like to find the console command and used that instead. Thoughts/tips welcome.

Regarding EFF, best practice as with any follower mod is to dismiss all followers before installing/activating. Once activated, upon speaking to a follower, a messagebox should appear instead of the normal dialogue interface. You can still use the dialogue system to trade/dismiss/do tasks etc, or you can use the menu system.

It doesnt make anyone recruitable who wasn't before, just gives you more options for combat/inventory/behaviour.

I had a conflict which meant installing foootprints prevented this mod working and caused CTDs, so good luck :)

I have tried all three and I like AFT better.  EFF is more simple and probably less prone to problems then AFT but it offers far less options as well.  Strangely I found it incompatible with both Better Vampires and Sneak Tools.  The reason is the that EFF uses windows instead of regular dialogue which is intended not to break quest dialogue but instead breaks menu dialogue like vampire feed and slitting throats.  I also found that EFF allows you to change player class but the stats did not change so if I change a companion to a mage they did not have the skills to learn spells.  AFT changes stats accordingly.  AFT allows you to change your companions properly into werewolves and vampires, even vampire lords.  EFF has an option I liked though that told followers to wait around here AFT has a similar function though it just takes longer to get to.