Skyrim Revisited Pre-Release Feedback

Neo - for The Eyes of Beauty, the special instruction states:

Special Installation: Install only the "The Eyes Of Beauty - Dawnguard Update" optional file only but do not install the esp.

Just to confirm, we do *not* install the main file, "The Eyes Of Beauty PLAYER Unleashed" (v8.2) that was recently released. Correct?

Having some issues with the eyes and I think this might be the source of my probs. In a sleepy daze I think I setup the main mod too the other night.

Hey Neo really liking your Skyrim Revisited guide been following it word for word. Haven't run into any problems all the way up to the end of People of Skyrim. However it looks like i have reached the max my 2GB GTX670 can handle in terms of VRAM. Get CTDs unless i disable my second monitor and have nothing else running in the background due to running out of VRAM. Any suggestions on which mods i should start optimizing to get this working on a 2GB video card would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for all the effort you have put into this guide.

Nothing more than an data-point post.

I saw a previous post about "infinite load" that sometimes happens. I've seen two variations--one is just a black screen with smoke (I don't have the disable smoke mod since I don't run ENB); and the other one just cycles through lore and shows one picture.

I removed the "int-ref" INI tweak in hopes that this would clear it up as one of the previous posts alluded to. I can report that I did receive the black-screen-w-smoke one time since then. Maybe that INI tweak is not related?

Hey Neo really liking your Skyrim Revisited guide been following it word for word. Haven't run into any problems all the way up to the end of People of Skyrim. However it looks like i have reached the max my 2GB GTX670 can handle in terms of VRAM. Get CTDs unless i disable my second monitor and have nothing else running in the background due to running out of VRAM. Any suggestions on which mods i should start optimizing to get this working on a 2GB video card would be greatly appreciated.

Have you followed the main S.T.E.P. guide as your resource for mod downloads and the recommended version? If not, and you have a card with a smaller amount of VRAM as is the case here, you're missing out on some proven recommendations for which versions of files to download to ensure that you're not going to max out your VRAM while still gaining benefit from each mod. Normally the S.T.E.P. guide recommendation is 1k vs 2k or larger. If you have installed max resolution versions of many of the larger texture mods, that's the first place to start in order to get your VRAM usage down.

If following the Skryim Revisited guide only, you're likely grabbing a lot of textures that are going to add up to be problematic. So first I'd start with ensuring you're using the 1024x1024 versions of many mods, and see how that works. If you're still having issues you can then do additional DDSopt runs on texture replacement mods and do deltas comparisons to see if you're gaining solid optimization which will help as well.

The last resort is to just starting picking and choosing which mods you run. Sometimes foregoing a handful of mods is enough to get stable again, others nixing a large mod alone can do it as well. Just have to balance the sacrifice of the selected mods against your game being playable.

Have you followed the main S.T.E.P. guide as your resource for mod downloads and the recommended version? If not, and you have a card with a smaller amount of VRAM as is the case here, you're missing out on some proven recommendations for which versions of files to download to ensure that you're not going to max out your VRAM while still gaining benefit from each mod. Normally the S.T.E.P. guide recommendation is 1k vs 2k or larger. If you have installed max resolution versions of many of the larger texture mods, that's the first place to start in order to get your VRAM usage down.

If following the Skryim Revisited guide only, you're likely grabbing a lot of textures that are going to add up to be problematic. So first I'd start with ensuring you're using the 1024x1024 versions of many mods, and see how that works. If you're still having issues you can then do additional DDSopt runs on texture replacement mods and do deltas comparisons to see if you're gaining solid optimization which will help as well.

The last resort is to just starting picking and choosing which mods you run. Sometimes foregoing a handful of mods is enough to get stable again, others nixing a large mod alone can do it as well. Just have to balance the sacrifice of the selected mods against your game being playable.

Thanks for the reply.

Kind of thought when i started this guide that as my video card was a GTX670 it was the same as Neo's. Didn't realise to now that i had a 2GB version so to answer your question I was only following the Skyrim Revisited guide. Looks like I'm going to have to go back and grab the 1k versions. When i was doing it i thought the 1k versions were for cards <=1GB.

Thanks for the help. 

You can do 2k versions as well in some cases. Really, I have found that the best way to go and get stable while getting the best bang for your buck is start with the S.T.E.P. recommendations for mod texture sizes and see how your rig runs using those in Skyrim Revisited.

Once you have that as a baseline, you can check out your VRAM usage and have an idea of how much room you have left to play with. On a 2GB card, you're looking to try and be stable at 70-80% usage is a good marker, in my experience at least for when I was running with that VRAM.

Hope this helps.

Neo - for The Eyes of Beauty, the special instruction states:

Special Installation: Install only the "The Eyes Of Beauty - Dawnguard Update" optional file only but do not install the esp.

Just to confirm, we do *not* install the main file, "The Eyes Of Beauty PLAYER Unleashed" (v8.2) that was recently released. Correct?

Having some issues with the eyes and I think this might be the source of my probs. In a sleepy daze I think I setup the main mod too the other night.

Thats correct - no main file right now.

RE: My CTD

I'm running the full compliment of mods for a while now without issue. The only change is that I am no lnoger using SRO/2K and instead am using SeriousHD/2K (latest update). My memory usage is virtually the same, but SRO/2K CTDs, SeriousHD/2K does not.

Boggles.

SRO covers so many textures more than SeriousHD does, I'm not surprised your VRAM usage went down.

Howdy.  I went through the body steps this morning, dutifully noting the removal of the hand meshe mod and UNP Blessed Body copying the files to 1st-person view.  I think I did everything correctly, but here's what the hand looks like casting a spell.  Notice the gap in the wrist.

Posted Image

You did both the body AND the hand mesh correct? I had this when I only did the hands alone. If so I will double check in my game tonight as well.

Ayup.  Note the filesizes and timestamps line up to the files copied and renamed:

Posted Image

Then I will review tonight and update as necessary.
Found the problem - sorry guys! You should take the hand meshes from the BASE UNP Body and rename them to 1stpersonfemalehands_0/1.nif appropriately instead of renaming the UNP Blessed Body meshes. Guide has been updated to reflect this and the handseam is gone.

UNP Blessed Body

This Mod Contains Nudity

Author: Calyps, XP32, MrTroublemaker

Version: 2.4

Special Installation: After installation, perform the following steps:

In /Mods/UNP Blessed Body/meshes/actors/character/animations/female, rename the improperly named mt_walkbackwardkright.hkx to mt_walkbackwardright.HKX.

Info-Logo.png Notice:You must install and run FNIS for the included skeletons/animations to run properly with Dragonborn. The procedure is explained in the guide.

Dimonized UNP Female Body

This Mod Contains Nudity

Author: dimon99

Version: 1.51 (BASE Main Body v1.2 + Body Texture 1.51 Update)

Optionals(In Archive): "Strip" body texture.

Special Installation: Do not install the following files:

meshes/actors/character/character assets/femalebody*.nif

meshes/actors/character/character assets/femalefeet*.nif

In /Mods/Dimonized UNP Female Body/meshes/actors/character/character assets, rename femalehands*.nif to 1stpersonfemalehands*.nif.

Overrides: UNP Blessed Body

This way your using the UNP Blessed Body meshes for 3rd person and the hands from UNP BASE Main Body for 1st person.

Looking forward to putting together a STEP/Revisited setup whenever I actually get a chance to in the near future*. I started an Excel with the mod lists from both and used some conditional formatting to see the differences. The total # of mods differ by about 50, so I'm thinking I am going to re-up my Nexus premium ;)

*(mostly not looking forward to going back and getting all the IDs to enter in MO... #pastfail)

Neo - is this a typo in the guide?

Fores New Idles In Skyrim

Author: Fore

Version: 3.4

Should we be using the latest update for Dragonborn from 2/6 (v4.3.1)?

Its a typo and yes use the latest update 3.4.1 (apparently I'm not the only one who can make that typo!). Guide updated.

*cough* What are you referring to?! *cough*

nothing to see here. move along.

On another note, for the below, I'm confused on the guide text to choose your location - is that the purpose of the main file, or are we to decide between the main file VS. the back-hip-dagger one? Just enabling this now - forgot to ask this awhile ago.

XP32 Maximum Skeleton

Author: xp32

Version: 1.4 (Choose your own weapon locations)

Overrides: Realistic Ragdolls and Force

I simply took the 'foundation' and all the mods that were >30megs as well as all the 4k textures mods etc.  maybe about 20 or 30 of them total.  I then set it up so that ddsopt would do them all at once, and left it on all night.  It took about 12 hrs.  Dont do water, aof mountain, soul gems or beards either.

That's just the Straightforward guide approach.   The problem was while there were gains a lot of those mods are already optimized.  So if memory is at a premium, you can do more advanced tricks like downgrading the normal maps.  Big performance gain for smallish gfx hit in principle, although I haven't done it yet.  End result probably shaved off a few hundred megs in the worst spot, which has kept me very stable ATM.  I rarely go over 2.6gb at this point and never more than 2.8..  I think maybe once in 2 hrs of play I hit that