A few simple questions to anyone playing LotD...

Hi, Im just ready installing and testing all the mods after Neovalen and Darth Mathias guides. Things are working properly with a few minor doubts I got left:

1. Im not using a ENB, since my rig is weak for it. So, Im moving Vivid Weathers after ELFX and Relighting Skyrim (tailored for ELFX) in the left panel of MO, to allow me to use the customizable brightness level for nights and interior lighting of this mod in MCM menu, since dungeon becomes too lightly for my taste without ENB. I know this because I just tested with ENB for curiosity purposes, and the light in interiors and nights was oustanding, very immersive, but without ENB, it become too much light around.

Anyone have any experience doing so: Vivid Weather after, instead of before, like in the guide says?, Im asking for troubles?, ist nessesary or just I leave it as the guide says?, thanks in advance.

2. I'm struggling trying to eliminate Z Fighting (Mountain Flicker) or level it down as much as possible, I followed GamerPoets YT guide here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Q0DwxPGdSo and after fix part 1, it got a little bit better, but still too much noticeable.

What really intrigue me, is that with previous setting in LO, months ago, same hardware, was no z-fighting, or almost nothing, so any recommendations for it?. My hardware: i5, 8 gb, Windows 8.1 64 bits, Skyrim in a SSD, Hd radeon 7870 2gb.

That is for now, game running smoothly, impressive set up, thanks a lot to Neovalen, Darth Mathias, Dark side, Paul 666 and anyone else involved in this excellent guides, is a lot of work, but really easy our efforts for us, the uneducated modders of this amazing game, thanks mates.

Hi, Im just ready installing and testing all the mods after Neovalen and Darth Mathias guides. Things are working properly with a few minor doubts I got left:

1. Im not using a ENB, since my rig is weak for it. So, Im moving Vivid Weathers after ELFX and Relighting Skyrim (tailored for ELFX) in the left panel of MO, to allow me to use the customizable brightness level for nights and interior lighting of this mod in MCM menu, since dungeon becomes too lightly for my taste without ENB. I know this because I just tested with ENB for curiosity purposes, and the light in interiors and nights was oustanding, very immersive, but without ENB, it become too much light around.

Anyone have any experience doing so: Vivid Weather after, instead of before, like in the guide says?, Im asking for troubles?, ist nessesary or just I leave it as the guide says?, thanks in advance.

2. I'm struggling trying to eliminate Z Fighting (Mountain Flicker) or level it down as much as possible, I followed GamerPoets YT guide here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Q0DwxPGdSo and after fix part 1, it got a little bit better, but still too much noticeable.

What really intrigue me, is that with previous setting in LO, months ago, same hardware, was no z-fighting, or almost nothing, so any recommendations for it?. My hardware: i5, 8 gb, Windows 8.1 64 bits, Skyrim in a SSD, Hd radeon 7870 2gb.

That is for now, game running smoothly, impressive set up, thanks a lot to Neovalen, Darth Mathias, Dark side, Paul 666 and anyone else involved in this excellent guides, is a lot of work, but really easy our efforts for us, the uneducated modders of this amazing game, thanks mates.

1. There will be some ELFX meshes overwrittten by Vivid Weathers merged. I don't think you need to move the mod in the left panel deviate from the guide to use Vivid Weathers MCM menu. The Vivid Weathers merge esp already load lower than ELFX in the right panel. 

2. Helpful link. Some performance impact 

https://wiki.step-project.com/Guide:Z-Fighting

https://forum.step-project.com/topic/124-black-circles-z-fighting-and-texture-shimmering/

I am not a guide author. Just appreciate guide user like yourself.

Edited by darkside

Thanks dark, yeah, you are not a guide-author, but you help a lot, so :), anyway, trying to get the zfighting gone, but honestly Im giving up, and also is just in a few places, really, so better to not be that picky and start enjoying the game, I say to myself :P

Also, you are completely right, no need to move the mods in MO, now dungeon are darker, like they should be... and scary.