SRLE LotD - Making a more challenging game

I have never managed to finish Skyrim, and I am going to do it this time, damn it.

I have always found the problem with many mods is that they make the game too easy....  Ideally, I would tweak the mods themselves, but I don't have the time or skill, so I am just trying to create a list of things to do  (or not do), to work towards that. Comments from more experienced people would be very appreciated.

Apocalypse: Don't use Ocato's recital. Way overpowered.

EFF and Followers in general... don't use unlimited Inventory. Unlimited money. 

Timing is Everything - Set Daedric quests (especially Break of Dawn) to something like level 45

LotD - Do not use any weapon rewards, just put them on display

CCO - turn off Smelter & Tanning experience. Do not smelt items created by player

Consider installing PermaZones or Static PermaZones

What else?

Turning off smelter experience is definitely a good idea, although if I'm not mistaken I think this disabled by default in CCO. If this enabled, I can loot all the coins in a dungeon and easily level up smithing four or five times just by smelting the looted coins into ingots. It seems the ratio is something like one level to one ingot in vanilla, even though learning how to melt stuff has nothing to do with learning how to smith.

You might also consider using Kryptopy's Stealth Skills Rebalanced to balance stealth skills and improve stealth AI. This one brings some reality to sneak skills in that the player is easier to see in daylight or when wearing bright armor/clothing, easier to hear when wearing loud heavy armor, and the NPCs search longer and further out than vanilla. It's not uncommon to have five or six NPCs searching for the player in a dungeon or cave. This one is a permanent fixture in my load order.

Turning off smelter experience is definitely a good idea, although if I'm not mistaken I think this disabled by default in CCO. If this enabled, I can loot all the coins in a dungeon and easily level up smithing four or five times just by smelting the looted coins into ingots. It seems the ratio is something like one level to one ingot in vanilla, even though learning how to melt stuff has nothing to do with learning how to smith.

You might also consider using Kryptopy's Stealth Skills Rebalanced to balance stealth skills and improve stealth AI. This one brings some reality to sneak skills in that the player is easier to see in daylight or when wearing bright armor/clothing, easier to hear when wearing loud heavy armor, and the NPCs search longer and further out than vanilla. It's not uncommon to have five or six NPCs searching for the player in a dungeon or cave. This one is a permanent fixture in my load order.

I was considering adding this but isn't it conflicted with ordinator itself? What are your suggestions?

I know I googled these 2 together and enai's said ordinator touch stealth perk as well. Unless using the no perks version.

I'm adding Sands of Time and Watchtowers Reborn from Genesis team and so far after exiting from helgen to riverwood I have fought 3 wolves, 1 bandit with wolves and 1 skeleton in that short trips, and some wolves spawn near riverwood which killed 2 NPCs there. What a sight to see

Edited by reddvilzz

I haven't gotten around to using Ordinator yet so I really can't say one way or the other. The mod page has this on compatibility with Stealth Skills Rebalanced:

Stealth Skills Rebalanced: That mod overhauls several perks and therefore conflicts with Ordinator. Ordinator already comes with balance changes to sneaking, lockpicking and pickpocketing. If you prefer the game settings changes (the changes that make sneaking and stealing harder) in Stealth Skills Rebalanced over those in Ordinator, load it before Ordinator and use the "No game settings changes" version of Ordinator

Ordinator is on my list of mods to eventually use if I can find the time to get to it, but it may be a while with my current workload.